Broadcom Crystal HD Mini-PCIe Card Hardware Compatibilty List
Information 
Before I get flamed I tried to post this in hardware but it just wouldn't let me start a thread in that forum for some reason.

So anyway, I thought a list of hardware that the Crystal HD card will and won't work with might be useful going forward for some people.

I know it just requires a Mini PCI-E slot but some smaller system might not have them, they might be used or might be disabled. It took me 2 hours to confirm my Asus B202 had a mini PCIE.

So I can confirm the following,

Asus B202 EEE Box - Had Mini PCIE on Motherboard that is used by the WiFi card. WiFi can be removed and Crystal HD added.

Apple TV - As above, remove WiFi and add Crystal HD.

Feel free if you want to add more.
Revo 3600: has a mini PCIe slot containing the wireless card. If you replace the wireless card with the Crystal HD it works fine.

On Windows XP you need .Net installed before the Broadcom drivers will install. I'm not sure which version of .Net as I installed all of them.

JR
from what I understand, if your motherboard does not have a mini-pcie slot you can use this...
http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/MP1.html
...assuming your board has a pcie 1x.

Havent tried this myself....yet.

And please, someone correct me if I am wrong about this.
Coming in a case measuring 61 (W) x 166 (D) x 180 (H) (when installed vertically), the system has support for mobile Core 2 processors (with a TDP of up to 35W), two DDR3 SO-DIMM slots for up to 4GB of RAM, GeForce 9300M integrated graphics, one 2.5-inch SATA hard drive, and includes a dual-heatpipe cooling solution that makes use of SilentTek technology.

The system can also boast a slot-in DVD-RAM or DVD-RW drive, and has a 6-in-1 card reader, D-Sub and HDMI outputs, Gigabit Ethernet, 5,1 channel audio, and an eSATA port.

The XC Mini GP7A-HD is expected to become available, at least in Japan, as of around mid-December.

Features:
•Nettop
•Nvidia Ion Chipset
•Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
•Dual DDR3 Memory Slots (4GB Max)
•2.5” HDD Bay
•VGA/HDMI
•Gigabit Ethernet
•USB 2.0
•eSATA
•6-in-1 Memory Reader
PCI Express Mini Card Slots x2
athloni Wrote:Coming in a case measuring 61 (W) x 166 (D) x 180 (H) (when installed vertically), the system has support for mobile Core 2 processors (with a TDP of up to 35W), two DDR3 SO-DIMM slots for up to 4GB of RAM, GeForce 9300M integrated graphics, one 2.5-inch SATA hard drive, and includes a dual-heatpipe cooling solution that makes use of SilentTek technology.

The system can also boast a slot-in DVD-RAM or DVD-RW drive, and has a 6-in-1 card reader, D-Sub and HDMI outputs, Gigabit Ethernet, 5,1 channel audio, and an eSATA port.

The XC Mini GP7A-HD is expected to become available, at least in Japan, as of around mid-December.

Features:
•Nettop
•Nvidia Ion Chipset
•Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
•Dual DDR3 Memory Slots (4GB Max)
•2.5” HDD Bay
•VGA/HDMI
•Gigabit Ethernet
•USB 2.0
•eSATA
•6-in-1 Memory Reader
PCI Express Mini Card Slots x2

Nice... should be available now right??
My BCM970012 arrived yesterday, however upon inserting it in to my Eee Box B202, the machine will no longer power on / boot (the cpu fan spins, and the hd or power light flashes very briefly).

If I remove the card, then the computer powers on and boots fine, If I put the wifi card back in, the computer powers on and boots fine - if I put the Crystal HD back in - same problem.

Any ideas? Can anyone confirm that a BCM970012 works in the Eee Box B202?
Sludge321 Wrote:My BCM970012 arrived yesterday, however upon inserting it in to my Eee Box B202, the machine will no longer power on / boot (the cpu fan spins, and the hd or power light flashes very briefly).

If I remove the card, then the computer powers on and boots fine, If I put the wifi card back in, the computer powers on and boots fine - if I put the Crystal HD back in - same problem.

Any ideas? Can anyone confirm that a BCM970012 works in the Eee Box B202?

Is the mini pci-e slot in the Eee Box B202 a real one or some other pinout using the same connector?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broadcom Crystal HD Mini-PCIe Card Hardware Compatibilty List0