Is there (supposed to be) an eject button ?
Love the confluence skin. Cannot find an eject thing anywhere, though.

I am on osx on a mac mini, no keyboard attached.
After playing a dvd or cd I cant remove the disc. Or i cannot find the place were it sits... Suggestions?

kind regards, Ignace
suggestion one you have to get up and remove the disc from the drive anyway so eject it there Smile
suggestion 2 open the context menu on the drive share and it also has eject
I also have a problem with the missing eject function on an ubuntu installation. I enabled the eject button with this tip
Code:
# Permanently unlock the cdrom
echo “sys.dev.cdrom.lock=0″ >> /etc/sysctl.conf
which I found here (comment from Jeff Schroeder), but that doesn't always work - could it be that xbmc keeps the drive 'locked' after playing the CD/DVD?
After inserting a BD in the drive, which xbmc can't play, the eject button works.

At the moment I've hacked the Home.xml to activate the disc custom dialog but it's not a very nice solution.
Some other skins have a main menu item or an icon around the power off icon, or even in the shutdown dialog. For linux installations it would be useful..

John
1. Laugh its not like i would be lazy to get up and eject the thing but a mac mini does not have an eject button on its 'body'. Its dedicated to xbmc so there no keybard on it either. It uses xbmc as its frontend and never ever leaves it.

I am dependent upon xbmc software to eject the disc.

2. The context menu of the disc (it only shows up in my video or music file list under its name, like ICEAGE, pretty cool actually) shows: add source, add to favorites, set content, setings

I will add the functionality to the skin (after pinthenet comments) and post it, maybe it will make it to its source one day.

off topic: its a outstanding achievement this, latest release and skin, the first time my family can go around everything they use with only a mac-remote. I made me turn back from plex!

greetings.
I also have a mac mini and feel that it would be nice to include an eject button inside XBMC. Currently I exit XBMC and eject the DVD from the desktop.

If there is a way to do this it would be much appreciated.
I'll redo it at a later state to always have a eject button. but it wont be in camelot final
But like I said the context menu of your drive share should have "Eject" in it unless mac version does somthing weird for dvd drives
hmm, probably a bit off-topic but I can't find the DVD 'drive share' you mention on my ubuntu installation... I checked the Manual & in the filemanager Windows screen shot it shows all drives, but in my filemanager I just get Home & SMB shares. Under 'add sources' there's no DVD drive either....

Should this be available under ubuntu XBMC?
pinthenet Wrote:hmm, probably a bit off-topic but I can't find the DVD 'drive share' you mention on my ubuntu installation... I checked the Manual & in the filemanager Windows screen shot it shows all drives, but in my filemanager I just get Home & SMB shares. Under 'add sources' there's no DVD drive either....

Should this be available under ubuntu XBMC?

I have the same problem with Fedora 11. Video DVDs don't appear in the list of "network" shares in "Video". The only removable media that show up there are USB drives.

To play DVDs I use the Transparency! skin which has a "Play Disc" option when a disc is inserted, but there is no way to eject it short of physically going up to the machine. Even then, it is prevented from ejecting. Trying it manually using the "eject" command sometimes works, but sometimes gives:

Code:
eject -T
ioctl: Input/output error
You can add an eject option to the favourites list

Edit or create favourites.xml in your userdata folder

For example on ubuntu

Code:
nano ~/.xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml

Then add the following

Code:
<favourites>
        <favourite name="Eject CD/DVD" >XBMC.EjectTray()</favourite>
</favourites>

You can then select the favourites button on the homepage (located between the play disc and power buttons) and select "Eject CD/DVD"
Different default eject button is allready in the svn of the skin just fyi
icaruz Wrote:1. Laugh its not like i would be lazy to get up and eject the thing but a mac mini does not have an eject button on its 'body'. Its dedicated to xbmc so there no keybard on it either. It uses xbmc as its frontend and never ever leaves it.

I am dependent upon xbmc software to eject the disc.

I'm having this exact issue now. Is there a preferred skin for having an eject button?

icaruz Wrote:2. The context menu of the disc (it only shows up in my video or music file list under its name, like ICEAGE, pretty cool actually) shows: add source, add to favorites, set content, setings

I will add the functionality to the skin (after pinthenet comments) and post it, maybe it will make it to its source one day.

off topic: its a outstanding achievement this, latest release and skin, the first time my family can go around everything they use with only a mac-remote. I made me turn back from plex!

greetings.

did #2 get figured out?

I have:
1.5ghz g4 mac mini
osx 10.4.11

xmbc:
camelot 9.11
xbmc-9.11-ppc-repack.dmg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there (supposed to be) an eject button ?0