[LINUX] Strange dvd audio issue
Hi,

I have been trying to play some region 2 dvds including pixar shorts and wicker park.

I have xbmc installed on a 64 bit ubuntu machine. I have an spdif digital out for the audio. The audio works fine for music and other videos.

But.

The dvd starts fine with all the audio playing all through the adverts and the menu as soon as you actually start the film though the audio ceases and you get a message telling you the sound device could not be configured.

I played around with things and found that you could change the audio track to the directors commentary and that worked fine but as soon as you set it back to the main film audio track the sound stops again.

I found that changing the audio settings from digital to analogue caused the audio to work which baffles me as presumably it shouldn't if it is digital sound?

Also the video seems a little sluggish and the sound once switched to analog seems to be a few frames adrift.

Does anyone know what could be causing these issues?

Thanks,

Jim
I have exactly the same problem with the audio part. If you change your sound profile in Linux to analog it works like a charm but when you change it to digital ie985 than it will not play any sound what so ever. But the sound in XBMC is 5.1 DTS if your dvd supports it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Strange dvd audio issue0