[LINUX] vdpau/mythtv driver problem (noob)
Hi

I run Ubuntu Desktop 9.1 on a Zotac Ion board. I have everything working but i borrowed this dvb-t tuner i wanna test out, with xbmc frontend to mythtv backend, before i buy one myself.

This is where the problem starts. This is no where near my field of expertise so hope you can help Smile

I got the nvidia-glx-185 + kernel package installed and that is the driver i'm currently using.

My first question would be why I'm not able to update the driver to 190 or 195? I get the following message while trying to do that:
Code:
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/nvidia-glx-190_190.53-0ubuntu1~karmic~nvidiavdpauppa8_i386.deb: subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 2

Second question is that it seems to me that mythth requires both nvidia-185-libvdpau and nvidia-glx-185 but when I try to install libvdpau package i get this error:
oh I didn't get an error and it installed 185-libvdpau but that just gives me a new error when start mythtv backend that i think refers to it's missing the glx.

the error is something like:
Code:
error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

As you can understand I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, i hope some of you will be able to help me Big Grin

thx

edit: Can't start xbmc with the 185 libvdpau drivers either:
XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering. Intall an appropriate graphics driver.
Your libvdpau MUST match your driver version. You can't mix them.
althekiller Wrote:Your libvdpau MUST match your driver version. You can't mix them.

Ye but even using 185glx and trying to install 185libvdpau (which is the only libvdpau on my list, I get errors like posted above)

Anyways i followed this
http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repo...itory.html

and I now have it running. The tuner I borrowed doesn't have linux support so I don't really know if it works yet. Guess I'll take the chance and buy a dvb-t usb tuner.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] vdpau/mythtv driver problem (noob)0