[Linux (on an AppleTV)] randomly rebooting
davilla Wrote:You can get the GPU temp with nvidia's tools. I've never found a way to read CPU temps. Just guessing here. Another thought, menu-down held will reboot regardless of any IR handling by the OS. You sure you don't have a neighbor shining IR through the window?

I'll have a play with the nvidia stuff a bit later, but I really don't think it is a temperature issue to be honest.

I'm pretty sure none of our neighbors are shining IR through the window, but I'll keep an eye out, just to be safe Wink

Has there been any progress on resolving the appletv 20% system usage issue you've described elsewhere? That's probably the only issue keeping me from going back to the atv o/s as I really like how responsive the menus are under linux. Although this reboot issue is making me think otherwise Wink
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:
as a side note, the wife and I are just talking about other things that could be causing a problem, she asked whether a drive could be getting full because of logs or something, so we took a look at the drives using df and this is the output

xbmc@AppleTV:~$ df --si
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda4 157G 89G 60G 60% /
udev 127M 238k 127M 1% /dev
none 127M 0 127M 0% /dev/shm
none 127M 70k 127M 1% /var/run
none 127M 0 127M 0% /var/lock
none 127M 0 127M 0% /lib/init/rw

Is it normal to see "none" and also not to see the swap partition?

Cheers,

Jason.
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux (on an AppleTV)] randomly rebooting0