.XBT extraction
Need help extracting the textures.xbt file. I would like to play around with the transparencies of some of the windows throughout the skin.

Im not having luck with extraction of the file though...
Look down the page.
I think im missing something... I only see how to extract a .xpr file and not a .xbt.
I already tried using xprexpress. Only supports .xpr files.

Sorry if im missing something obvious.
no your eaxctly right you can't extract xbt yet
you could always ask the skinner for the uncompressed texture files...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Well, I was looking through the svn trunk, I guess I could download the .png's one by one. But who would want to do that...

Anyway, yes, Jezz.....That would be awsome if you could supply those..

Let me tell you what Im wanting to do though. I would like to take all images with "black transparencies" and give them the heavily blurred glass effect. More blurred than the vista/7 glass. I think the thin blade images will stay the same because I think it will go well with the glass.

One question though, when (i mean if) i get all of the images, Will I need to use XBMCTex to compile to .xbt? or just use XPRxpress and compile to a .xpr?
From what I understand xmbc will no longer support xpr?? (or in the future at least)

Thanks, I am really new to this so I appreciate all the help.
Use an SVN client. if you want to download from SVN.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Also instead of an SVN client you could click on the media folder, then click "Download GNU tarball" to get the textures.

Do you need to compress textures to a .xpr or .xbt, no...but it helps make things faster.

.xpr is for XBOX, and will be depreciated in the future, I assume it will stay for XBOX though
.xbt for the main operating systems

If you have an average to above average computer you barely see the difference from having textures in a .xbt vrs. just keeping them in a folder structure, so you do not have to compress to a .xbt...
Thank you for all the help.
One more thing... Can someone post a link directly to the svn for me?

I was browsing it last night and didnt bookmark it.
dsimages Wrote:Thank you for all the help.
One more thing... Can someone post a link directly to the svn for me?

I was browsing it last night and didnt bookmark it.

http://tinyurl.com/yedz4h3
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thats freakin hilarious.... I love it.

Thanks...
Pecinko is the most arrogant user on xbmc. Every post I see you make is no use to anybody. I do hope one day when you need help or info somebody does the same to you.
There is a plugin for notepad++ that allows the extraction from xbt files

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137855&page=4

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179551
(2014-06-19, 10:41)Madchester312 Wrote: Pecinko is the most arrogant user on xbmc. Every post I see you make is no use to anybody. I do hope one day when you need help or info somebody does the same to you.

If i could i would throw you out of this forum ! The last thing xbmc needs is people like you.
(2014-06-19, 10:41)Madchester312 Wrote: Pecinko is the most arrogant user on xbmc. Every post I see you make is no use to anybody. I do hope one day when you need help or info somebody does the same to you.

why make a completely useless post in an ancient thread?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.XBT extraction0