[LINUX] TV Tuner plugins?
Question: What TV Tuner plugins are there that I can try out?

I saw one based (I think) on an mplayer library. It was apparently unmaintained at the moment, but I know Python so that's not a problem. But now I bloody well can't find it anymore. Sad

More info if desired, below. It's rather rant-y, so you can skip it if you like. Wink

I'd like to be able to use XBMC to watch TV.First of all I want to say that I do not require any advanced features, because I have no use of them. I don't even need to change channels, because I can't. I have a cable-TV decoder, and can't change channels from the computer, but change channels on the decoder. Hence, I also have no program listings and do not want program listings, and can't use program listings.

I just want XBMC to show me what's on my video cards composite input. That's all.

I can't use the MythTV support, because of some bug in it that means that with my video card (Nvidia) all it shows is green.

So, I'm looking for other options. And I don't want any other complicated systems, I've spent *days* on getting MythTV working (it's very confusing especially when you want it to do something trivial) and I'm not ready to go through that again. Partly because I have already put down so much time on trying to get software to work that I long ago realized what an idiot I was trying to use Linux for my media center, I should have bought a friggin mac. That said, after three years of fiddling I'm now pretty damn close to something useable, and that's solely thanks to XBMC, which kicks all linux other media centers puny asses. Smile The main missing thing is still TV support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] TV Tuner plugins?0