"kiosk mode" for next version. (yes it's a wish)
Hi scarfa !

Do you have any plans on adding some kinda kiosk mode to rapier ?
A kiosk mode removes and strips away all settings, buttons and adjustments.
I have a large family with kids, so they love using xbmc but end up getting lost in all the different modes and settings Wink often they get places they cant get them self out of.

Therfore a kiosk mode makes good sense. This will mainly give the user acess to music,twshows,movies with everything locekd down. the only thing the user can do is to play different files. and almost all buttons are hidden.

Aeon had this once and i loved it. There is no kioskmode in xbmc pr default so it has to be done by skinners.
I know there are many users out there who would love such a feature.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Why not use profiles with a password and lock the sections you want restricted?
qualar just added a kiosk mode to his skin after I also requested this feature,try it out Big Grin
scarfa Wrote:Why not use profiles with a password and lock the sections you want restricted?

it's not the same scarfa, removing items makes it easier to use and more wife/child safe. The only thing you can do in a kiosk mode is very limited all over the skin. Much the same way as an public internet terminal, you dont want a full blown admin xp os on that thing Wink You can only use the browser, nothing else is possible. Much the same way i think of in xbmc kioskmode. You can browse movies/music/tv shows but everything else is hidden and not possible to change.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
+1!

Lots of non-users getting lost here... even if I don't understand how they manage it. Oo
this would be a nice feature - and if I can add that it would be nice if the whole interface was then checked if it was possible to navigate with "touch". And prefeerable the type where you do not have "right click". Rapier is the skin that comes closest to this imo. It just needs some more tweaking to be perfect.

/needtotest
as I mentioned..check out qualars mod for this feature Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"kiosk mode" for next version. (yes it's a wish)0