[LINUX] XBMC on Gentoo crash on startup (core dump)
ripper17:

Interesting, thanks for letting me know what works and what doesn't. I'm currently using the ebuild marked 9.11, but it appears there's a 9.11-r1 as well. I might try that one out.

theuni:

I have already emerged with xrandr for xbmc and it doesn't seem to fix anything. That said, I haven't merged with a global xrandr - is that what you were implying?
theuni Wrote:Please don't advise people to use older versions as a workaround... let's get to the bottom of it instead.

Please try again with use=xrandr and report back.

TheUni

TheUni, I'm sorry I was not clear enough. I was not trying to advise people to use older versions. This was meant to help find the bug - it looks to me like the crash is due to some change in between RC1 and final release. I know that this means a lot of code-checking, but it could be a starting point.

I'm currently not able to check with use=xrandr as I will not be at home for the next 10-12 days, sorry.

Best

Martin
Did you guys compile SDL without opengl by any chance?
@bobo:

Yup, that's exactly what my problem turned out to be. I added a use flag for opengl, emerge -DuNav world and the problem went away.

Perhaps the ebuild should check for opengl being enabled in SDL?

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like it's working now.

-e-
I suggest you report that to whatever gentoo dev is making the xbmc ebuild.
Done.

http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=301755

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC on Gentoo crash on startup (core dump)0