'Action' for changing deinterlace mode?
I'm using XBMC 9.11 (Just upgraded and love it - so many bugs has disappeared).

I have stored all my media on a server and use the XBMC live on a frontend. My problem is that some of my tv-shows need to be deinterlaced to be decent to watch.

This can be done using the video-menu when starting any tv-show, but it is a rather slow method, when I have to do it every time I start a tv-show.

A solution could be to set some deinterlace method to be used everytime I play any video, but I don't want to deinterlace videos which doesn't need it.

The solution I would prefer would be to map a key on my remote, which could turn on a specific deinterlace method, or switch between the modes.
Then I would be able to change the deinterlacing mode with just one click ! However I haven't been able to find any actions supporting this, and hoped someone could hint me or maybe solve this problem for me?
you would have to patch it in yourself - not available nor do i think anyone else would have the incentive to add it.
spiff Wrote:you would have to patch it in yourself - not available nor do i think anyone else would have the incentive to add it.

Super! Thanks for the swift response - Without much knowledge about the script development for xbmc, I guess this can be solved by a simple script. I read a little about script development (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_write...BMC#Window), and would like to know where can I find a list of the built in functions of the xbmc library?

I guess the xbmc library have support for manipulating the internal player?

UPDATE: Found it - http://xbmc.sourceforge.net/python-docs/xbmc.html
no, if the script could, the keymap could. the point is there's neither an action nor a builtin command to access those and the id of the spinner in the setting dialog isn't fixed (so you can't simply use action(videosettings,<id>) either. the functionality have to be exposed either as an action (preferred) or as a builtin.
So if I understand what you are saying, I will have to get down and dirty and code some C/C++ to add this feature?
yes. pointers; GUIWindowFullScreen.cpp ::OnAction, GUIDialogVideoSettings to see what code to add, Key.h to add an int identifier for the action and ButtonTranslator.cpp to translate an action name to that identifier.
spiff Wrote:yes. pointers; GUIWindowFullScreen.cpp ::OnAction, GUIDialogVideoSettings to see what code to add, Key.h to add an int identifier for the action and ButtonTranslator.cpp to translate an action name to that identifier.

Thanks again - as they say... If you want to have something done - you have to do it yourself Smile

It has been some time since a last coded in C and C++, but I guess I will catch up pretty quick... I don't have the time to implement this at the moment, because of exams (I study computer science). In the mean time if anyone should feel to implement the changes, please feel free.

Until I have the time to get started, could someone give me some links to useful Getting-Started HOW-TOs and such for XBMC development?
Mota Wrote:Until I have the time to get started, could someone give me some links to useful Getting-Started HOW-TOs and such for XBMC development?

What OS? In Windows just install Visual Studio 2008 Express (or full VS 2008 if you have it), open the project and press F7.

In Ubuntu the readme.ubuntu is pretty comprehensive. I know precious little about Linux but managed to compile XBMC in a couple of hours.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:What OS? In Windows just install Visual Studio 2008 Express (or full VS 2008 if you have it), open the project and press F7.

In Ubuntu the readme.ubuntu is pretty comprehensive. I know precious little about Linux but managed to compile XBMC in a couple of hours.

JR
I use ubuntu on my desktop. I use the XBMC Live for my frontend, and my mediaserver runs ubuntu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Action' for changing deinterlace mode?0