Xbmc - handling of mp3 / playlist
i've started to encode my cd collection and creating playlist to upload to my xbox. i've tested using files from a particular cd. here are a few questions.

1. once i load the playlist, the order in which they are placed is wrong. only when i do scan, that it lists them as they appear on the cd, why is that?

2. i'll press shuffle and the list changes. how does one get the original list again?

3. any way to have a way to fast forward through or rewind the song? how about stopping or pausing? seems "start" stops it.

any other way to find out how mp3s are handled in xbmc ?? i have version 1.1.0.
1) sounds like you have "shufflep playlist on load" enabled. uncheck it under settings -> my music.

2) you cant. there is no un-shuffle. but if its a saved playlist, just reload it. and see #1.

3) fw, rw, pause, play, skip+ and skip- all work during mp3 playback. apparently pause is not mapped on the controller by default. (below is keymapping.txt which should be in the root of your xbmc distribution. it has all the default mappings.)

open up keymap.xml, and look in the global section. you can map a controller key to pause, but you'll need to unmap it from some other function.

Quote:keymappings in my music:
switch between visualisation/menu: controller: x remote : display
previous/next song controller: ? remote : skip- and skip+
select/play a song controller: a remote : select
pause song controller: ? remote : pause
stop song controller: start remote : stop
in songs/album/artist/genre/top100 views:
switch to playlist view controller: black remote : title
switch back to filelist controller: black remote : back
add item to playlist controller: y remote : 0
find album info (allmusic.com) for file controller: white remote : info
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc - handling of mp3 / playlist0