Req Recently Played List
Hi, as a parent, I constantly switch between watching kids and adult shows and movies, often stopping one and starting another as children "demand".
When it is time to switch back, from adult to kid mode, or kid to adult mode, it is a pain to find what I was previously watching.

The same happens when multiple people share the same playback device.

I'd like the ability to view a recent list of media items played, sorted by last played, and to continue watching any of them.

Thank you
P.
Drop these playlists in to your video and music playlist folder (%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\playlists on Windows) for Recently watched TV shows, movies and songs. From there, you can add these to your favorites list for easy access.
I'll try it out and report back.
Hi, sorry it took so long, I finally got around to trying your suggestion.
Ok, it works.

But, what I would really like is to have a recently played section on the top main page, similar to the recently added section.
Using your suggestion and what I found on the wiki, I have to configure favorites pointing to the list, and navigate to favorites on order to see the list.

Considering that I have several players in the house, all synced from MySQL, and we often move from room to room while watching.
I'd like to be able able to simply see what was recently played, and click and continue playing.
More specifically, I am only interested in filtering on items that are still in-play, i.e. somebody in the household has not finished watching it.

I use similar features on my DVR and Netflix and Amzon VOD all the time, it would be very useful to have recently watched on the main screen.

P.
Several skins offer this.
Thank you, I didn't consider changing that.
Any particular ones you would recommend?
XeeBo
Ok, thanks.

I see XeeBo is no longer being developed, any others, just in case XeeBo development does not get picked up by somebody else?
I had the same demand and found out you can make a playlist just to do that.
Juct create a new "Smart Playlist" and add a rule using the "In progress" filter instead of the "Last Played" one, and set in to "True".
Give it a name and if you add this playlist to your Favourites you can easily get an overview of all movies that can be resumed.
In other words all the movies that have been stopped during play.
Hope this helps as it did to me.
Thank you, Sranshaft! Those lists worked a charm. I did, however, change the time limit to an exorbitant number haha Smile Also signed up for a trakt account after following the banner link in your sig, looks like a pretty cool service. Anyhow, thanks again
(2013-07-16, 10:12)versieck Wrote: I had the same demand and found out you can make a playlist just to do that.
Juct create a new "Smart Playlist" and add a rule using the "In progress" filter instead of the "Last Played" one, and set in to "True".
Give it a name and if you add this playlist to your Favourites you can easily get an overview of all movies that can be resumed.
In other words all the movies that have been stopped during play.
Hope this helps as it did to me.

Thank you Versieck! This is almost exactly what I've been looking for. The "almost" is because I will just have to change the way I stop a show when in the middle. I was hoping that if I pressed "STOP" that the movie would still be listed as In Progress since I didn't let it finish (like my DVR does). But then we probably wouldn't be able to clear a title from the In Progress list (since marking it as WATCHED doesn't remove it). I will just need to remember to press PAUSE instead of STOP.
Thanks for the tip!!
(2013-07-15, 04:38)ptr727 Wrote: what I would really like is to have a recently played section on the top main page, similar to the recently added section.

That is the exact feature I was searching for. I wanted to find out how to enable that.

The "Recently Added" section always seems to be off, so it isn't useful to my household anyway.

Is there any means of tweaking the list that appears above Movies to show the last 10 movies that were in play?

Is there any way of tweaking that list so that something similar appears above the Videos section? Currently, above the Video section is void of anything. It is just dead, unused space.

Most applications come with a "Recent Files" list. Adding that functionality to XBMC would seem trivial.

So, why isn't it there? From the comments from moderators and staff, it appears users are being pointed into another direction. Does that mean this is not possible or that there are laws as to why this can not be done?

Also, it appears that XeeBo is incompatible with XBMC 13. Sad
You could easily make this with the tools we have in place, and I wouldn't be surprised if it already exists in some skins.
This is not a feature request per se, as this is already possible in the skinning engine, eg there is no feature to be added.
What skin, Kib?
Not a skin, the engine that runs the skins.
It is possible, so go ahead and make the modification in your favorite skin.

Or install a few skins and check if it is possible. I don't personally want a list on the homescreen as I would much rather just have a button in my main menu called 'In Progress' - which i already created in my setup at home. (create smart playlist, add this as favourite, go to skin settings and add favourite as custom menu button)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently Played List2