• 14(current)
3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work?
Did this patch get in?
Iv'e been useing my Samsung 3d TV with XBMC, I strugled to get it all working smothly but after pileing loads of money in got it to a good Standard.

XBMC Darhma on Dell Optiplex 755 duel core with Nvidia 240 HDMI Card.
Audio + Video thro HDMI.

Only SBS at the moment Smile but all runs very very well, Have to ajust the Zoom Rate on movies to get the 2 images Correctly positions on Screen.

But very very good!
How are people getting this working?

I have several 3D H-SBS videos and they all just look like 2 images next to each other in XBMC. With the nVidia player they look great, but how are you all having XBMC interpret these files correctly? Is there some setting somewhere that I'm missing?
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
rausch101 Wrote:How are people getting this working?

I have several 3D H-SBS videos and they all just look like 2 images next to each other in XBMC. With the nVidia player they look great, but how are you all having XBMC interpret these files correctly? Is there some setting somewhere that I'm missing?

You can try using bino http://bino3d.org/download.html with - http://code.google.com/p/sd-xbmc/downloa...p&can=2&q=

I couldnt get it to work (plugin) on windows, but it worked fine on linux.
Someone would have the XBMC for Mac version with the patch applied (eden)? Because I do not know how to apply this patch.
Saner Wrote:You can try using bino http://bino3d.org/download.html with - http://code.google.com/p/sd-xbmc/downloa...p&can=2&q=

I couldnt get it to work (plugin) on windows, but it worked fine on linux.

couldn't get it to work in windows either
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
An easy workaround to get subtitles on 3D videos is to use PotPlayer as external player.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=148745

Right click in PotPlayer - Subtitles - Stereoscopic
rodgui Wrote:Someone would have the XBMC for Mac version with the patch applied (eden)? Because I do not know how to apply this patch.

Anyone was used benjicoh patch for Eden? I don't know hot apply this...I tried with TortoiseMerge but I have an error...
could someone elaborate on this. i was trying to do it, but no way can I get subtitles to show up, normally yes, but stereoscopic no. i tried the steps below, I set mpc-hc to use external filters and its using ffdshow dxva video decoder, i have subtitles ticked and stereo scopic ticked and when I go to filters, it shows no subtitles, i manually put the file in ffdshow and still no subtitles. not that i really plan to use them, but i'd like to have them working if needed.

modderhut Wrote:Thank you all for all the pointers in this thread! Especially mngrl1.

I use the external player MPC-HC as described by mngrl1 5 posts above.
MPC is called for all files that have SBS or 3D in the filename.
Discovered that if you are on a x64 system with MPC x64 installed that the audio does not work, so you need to install MPC x86.

Did put the audio to "false" as I don't want an audio file that has SBS or 3D in its filename to call MPC.

MPC makes use of ffdshow and in the ffdshow video decoder settings you can enable subtitles and under placement enable stereoscopic.
If you still see the standard subs the uncheck "Enable" in MPC -Play -Subtitles.

There is an android app for MPC and I use that to close it and return to XBMC, would be nice if a close MPC button could be in the XBMC remote app.
i finally got the subtitles to show, but it uses so much cpu with ffdshow vs lav video cuda that it isn't really usable, anyone know a better solution?
robl45 Wrote:i finally got the subtitles to show, but it uses so much cpu with ffdshow vs lav video cuda that it isn't really usable, anyone know a better solution?

+1, please...
tocinillo Wrote:+1, please...

its actually the subtitles that are causing the cpu usage, with subtitles off, ffdshow uses less cpu than lav.

it seems the only solution is a more powerful PC as I'm guessing the subs don't render off the gpu.

although I'm not convinced this is a major issue, how many movies really need subs? Most would be hard coded in unless you watching things where you using subs for a different language, I would only need it to watch subs for a certain part like the parts in avatar but I found a copy with hard coded subs.
I Just wanted to share my experience using 3D & my cw4000hd (Linux Media Center)

I recently upgraded my 53" rear projection Television to a (2011) 55" LED 120hz 3DTV(wifi) with active shutter glasses for 3D viewing. I've been using my CW-4000HD to play 3D half SBS movies from harddrive, usb or networked computers to my 3D LED Tv. It works flawless with r17. Even better than the tv itself. It does work with xbmc & navi-x(Dharma) but the picture is at times distorted & has 4" on each side of my 55" tv that are not in 3D it's like viewing widescreen(in the back) but with 4.3 overtop 3D (wiki) blurry & shadowy at times. something with the rendering/screen size.close but no cigar! If I could post attachments I would upload a picture of the screen!

I have not tried full bluray's & do not plan on it.

Thanks Team XBMC
for this awesome media experience.
I use it everyday faithfully!
I get blank areas on the sides when viewing 3d animation, is that what you are talking about? I'm convinced thats just the way the animation is as it did it using uverse to view it and also using xbmc, regular movies play fine

RedirecTv Wrote:I Just wanted to share my experience using 3D & my cw4000hd (Linux Media Center)

I recently upgraded my 53" rear projection Television to a (2011) 55" LED 120hz 3DTV(wifi) with active shutter glasses for 3D viewing. I've been using my CW-4000HD to play 3D half SBS movies from harddrive, usb or networked computers to my 3D LED Tv. It works flawless with r17. Even better than the tv itself. It does work with xbmc & navi-x(Dharma) but the picture is at times distorted & has 4" on each side of my 55" tv that are not in 3D it's like viewing widescreen(in the back) but with 4.3 overtop 3D (wiki) blurry & shadowy at times. something with the rendering/screen size.close but no cigar! If I could post attachments I would upload a picture of the screen!

I have not tried full bluray's & do not plan on it.
hey robl45

yes that's what I meant. It only does this with xbmc or navi-x, running it from my tv's usb or LMC I get the full 3D view. Only 3D movies do this, regular movies are fine also.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work?5