Slow-motion and frame stepping (frame-by-frame forward/backward) features
another great idea i would love to see implemented! :d sorry for all the bumps today, just been pondering improvements and these are some i remembered seeing and wanted to bring back to life Smile

regards,
los93sol
Exclamation 
i would very much like these two features as well, ...especially frame-by-frame stepping (which among other things would be good for troubleshooting with screenshots).

ps! both slow-motion and frame-skip could be good training for beginner/hobby c/c++ programmers, you can learn while programming this feature for xbmc and mplayer.

some existing work have already been done on the mplayer side:
http://mplayerhq.hu/piperma....l#28725 "[patch] changing playback speed (live fast forward/slow motion)"
http://mplayerhq.hu/piperma....l#30238 "[patch] "frame stepping""
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
agreed, this is important for diagnosis.

we need something like this to address the post processing video bugs.
when a movie is paused, it would be nice to be able to skip forward /backward one frame at the time (or two, three, four - i dont know , but just in very small steps).

i guess the step+/- could be used for this ?!
don't forget to use Image
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....advance

i agree with step forward/back behaving like this while in the paused state. does mplayer support this?

oops
this is indeed possible. mplayer has a manual frame-by-frame mode. a while back i played around with this functionality and got it partially work. i could get it into frame-by-frame mode, but it confused the hell out of xbmc who instantly went into paused mode. i then lost interest and scrapped my changes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
is it possible to play video back at 1/2 speed or slower?
and what about frame by frame stepping?
I was going to make a new post, requesting this feuture, slowmotion, and frame stepping, but there is this thread, SOooooo

will this ever be in XBMC? it would be very nice Nod
Thumbs Up 
Yeah Frame Stepping is what will make XBMC even GREATER! Big Grin

on another note, my LG dvd player has a neat feature of replaying a selected piece of movie over and over... it has an (A..B) button,
u set the start (...press once for A) and the when u get to the point of replay you press it again (...for point B)

This in effect loops the movie from those two selected points (A and B). Its a pretty neat feature, great for viewing a short hilarious scene over and over until the joke wears off... Smile

wot u think? can this be implemented?

Great work guys! Keep it up!
I added Frame Advance in patch 1662618. It just uses mplayer's frame advance function which seems to work alright.
I added a builtin command for it, XBMC.PlayerControl(frameadvance), and enabled it when stepping forward when paused.
Is it possible to set up the pause button to pause if playing and advance one frame if already paused? It would be nice for when you want to see something on a movie that shows up for only a couple frames.

And maybe it would be possible to keep the play button to work as it does now. Press it while the video is playing and it pauses. Press it again and it starts playing again.

Just an idea.

J_K_M_A_N
We already have frameskip Smile First you pause.. then you tap small step forward (Dpad right) to advance 1 frame. Then just unpause to continue playing.
Sorry! I didn't know that! I am used to it working with the pause button.

I should read the wiki some more I guess. BlushConfused

J_K_M_A_N
And it so rules!

This is something I wanted for so long.
Press Pause and advance through the frames by pressing right arrow.

I almost posted this in the "XBMC Support (Help)" category because it is the most frequently used part of the forum. But then I contained myself.

Was this being kept secret? People out there should know.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

uwer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow-motion and frame stepping (frame-by-frame forward/backward) features1