Slow-motion and frame stepping (frame-by-frame forward/backward) features
it was in changelog a long time ago Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Question 
Is single frame advance (frame by frame) function available in XBMC for Windows?
After moving my thread, you could have at least answered my question.

As I understand it, you can do this with XMBC on the XBOX but my question was for the Windows or Linux port.
bump
Would be a nice feature actually. Especially for watching details that could be hard to see in normal speed etc. The original XBOX Dashboard movie player (from Microsoft) handles slow motion, single frame stepping and zooming really nice actually. It is possible to some degree in XBMC for Xbox (as described earlier in this thread). But it is not totally hazzle free and it often goes out of sync with sound and time line.
we can go back & forward @ 2x 4x 8x 16x & 32
it would be great to do the same @ 1/2 1/4 1/8

pike was correct back in 2k4, but now mplayer can do this
and it is a common feature in any decent video player

plz reconsider
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
bump
opensauce Wrote:bump

patches welcome. start coding.
davilla Wrote:patches welcome. start coding.

+1 Nod

(bump in hope someone who can code or has some free time will have some interest in this)

Oh and also : in most players I've seen the frame by frame function is achieved by pressing pause again, it seems to make more sense than pressing right but maybe that's just me.
+1 I'd love to see this happening. I'm no coder, unfortunately. Blush
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
IIRC the support for this was only in good ol' mplayer, which we stopped using when we ported to Linux and Beyond

I'm not sure it's possible to add this support to the "in house" dvdplayer core which is what XBMC uses these days
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I would really like this frame by frame slow motion implemented in XBMC.
It is so cool. Nod
this feature would help take good screen shots and upload them to tmdb thus help the community as well. :-)
(2011-10-27, 20:00)rathin1980 Wrote: this feature would help take good screen shots and upload them to tmdb thus help the community as well. :-)

And it has many other benefits as well.
Slow motion and frame-by-frame stepping is implemented in almost all HTPC streamers and MC software except for XBMC afaik, is it difficult to implement? (wish I was a programmer...)
Having just switched from two streamers (PCH and Dune) to XBMC I was astonished to find that such an elementary feature found everywhere else has not been implemented, especially since xbmc is so superior is most other respects.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow-motion and frame stepping (frame-by-frame forward/backward) features1