[AppleTV] Keyboard and Mouse support on Apple TV (USB K/M with ATV)?
Question 
I'm just going to apologize right off the bat because I'm sure the answer is in these forums somewhere, but I've spent the last few hours trying to find a straight answer and I can't seem to find one.

I've managed to install Launcher and XBMC on my AppleTV and things are working well so far. However, I am running into areas where I really would like keyboard/mouse support:
1) Manually refreshing the library
2) Editing mis-tagged items in the library

Both of these tasks require a right-click from a mouse to bring the appropriate menu and I can't seem to get that menu using the Apple remote. Additionally, keyboard support would be helpful when setting things up, but I can live without that if I can only find a way to bring up the needed menus. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I can follow instructions pretty well, so I'm not afraid of SSH-ing into the box to run stuff. But I just can't seem to find something that'll enable a mouse or keyboard in XBMC or the AppleTV in general.
MENU HOLD gives you the context menu.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:MENU HOLD gives you the context menu.

D'oh! Thanks. I knew it had to be simple Smile
Exclamation 
jmarshall Wrote:MENU HOLD gives you the context menu.

I dont get it coming up.

I have 2 more Issues:

1. XBMC on Apple TV 3.0.1 cannot see my Synology NAS - CubeStation CS407 or any devices on the WORKGROUP by Windows Network SMB browsing. I had to set up the network location by using the local LAN IP address.

Is there any way to ensure the following:
- CS407 - CubeStation shows up as a valid network location on the Windows Network SMB. Even going via Windows Network on my WinXP machine I could not see it.
- XBMC on Apple TV can browse to them and add them as source for media

2. Its irritatingly slow to type out things using the Apple Remote for XBMC to add network locations & type out things using the Onscreen one click onscreen keyboard.

Is there a better faster way to have a proper keyboard that will work in AppleTV and on XBMC on AppleTV.

The iPhone based Apple Remote only shows AppleTV LIBRARY options. It does not to exact screen control.

Is it possible to plug in a USB or Bluetooth keyboard to work on Apple TV & XBMC?
and/or
Some iPhone App that can give me a virtual keyboard (on iPhone) screen to enter stuff into Apple TV & XBMC.

Suggetions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Keyboard and Mouse support on Apple TV (USB K/M with ATV)?0