Show Folder Name in Library View?
Hey there,

First post, but used to use XBMC on my XBox and just loved it. Finally got an HTPC up and running and was eager to try the Windows version.

As I figured, still love it. So great job to everyone involved.

I have a little problem that I'm hoping someone can assist with.

I am mainly using XBMC for my x264 movies, I have 4 USB Drives, that I turn on/off depending on what movie I want. I previously just had a list of all of movies, and in that list it said what Drive the movie was on, so I knew where it was. Drives obviously have a static drive letter, and are in a folder called Movies1 through Movies4.
ex:E:/Movies1/movie.name.mkv
ex:I:/Movies4/movie.name.mkv

Now with XBMC, I have added all 4 drives, they all show up in the single Library, which is fantastic, minus the fact I can't _easily_ determine where the movie is physical. I know I can click on Movie Information, and see the path, but if I could get that information in the list view, it would be golden.

Not sure if I should be trying to modify a skin and add the parent path information instead of rating which I don't really care about.

Maybe there is a better way to go about this?

Thanks!
Seems this has been discussed previously when talking about offline media, sorry I did extensive searches but wasn't using the term "offline media" so wasn't getting any hits.

Will see if I can add some code to a skin and make this work for me.

Thanks!
you'll need to use this infolabel:
$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Ronie,

I found the list of $INFO tags and was able to pretty much get what I wanted on a few of the views, pretty easy to work with the .xml's.

Is there anyway to create your own variables for a default one in the .xml itself, sorry not a big coder....

Currently I'm using $INFO[ListItem.Path] which will get me I:/Movies4, I would love to somehow just get Movies4. Stripping out the drive letter...

Might not be possible, so no biggy.

Is modifying peoples Skins like this frowned upon? I don't want to step on anyones toes or upset anyone, just making a few small tweaks for my liking.

I'll post some screenshots later of my small modifications.

Thanks!
nope, you can't create custom info labels.
you can only use those provided by xbmc.

feel free to mod any skin to your own liking. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show Folder Name in Library View?0