New items thumbnail?
Question 
I must be stupid or something cause for thr life of me I can't seem to get the thumbnails to appear in either the Movies or TV 'New' items on the home screen. I've scoured the forums and the FAQ and can't find any reference to it. When browsing the media the thumbnails appear fine, just not on the home screen...

I have all my media scrapped locally (so fanart, .tbn and .nfo files sit with the media) via Media Info Plus if that makes a difference. I've tried folder.jpg/tbn, movie.jpg/tbn, <foldername>.jpg.tbn..... Where does Transparency look to find this thumbnail? What am I doing wrong here?

Everything else about this skin is just perfect! Many thanks.
it uses the recently added script to fetch the cached thumbnail form the database.

i would need a Debug Log to check if there's something going wrong.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cheers for the speedy reply.

Checked out my log and this jumped out at me :

23:44:27 T:9236 M:285159424 DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/d/auto-d8a1196d.tbn Error: (3)
23:44:27 T:9236 M:285114368 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/d/auto-d8a1196d.tbn

Checked my userdata folder and sure enough said file doesn't exist. A little further investigation revealed that the file DOES exist just without the "auto-" prefix. It would appear that it's caching stuff correctly but without the right prefix. Now i'm not sure if this is Transparency issue or an XBMC thing...Huh

On a side note I did at one stage have multiple profiles but removed them - would this affect the cache it's trying to find the files in?
the 'auto' prefixed thumbs are auto-generated by xbmc when there's no locally stored thumb / no thumb available for scraping online.

try if cleaning your library helps (Settings > Video > .Library > Clean Library)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
sorted it - in the end it was to do my dabbling in profiles. Started again with just the one user and turned off the master lock - works as expected now.

Cheers Ronnie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New items thumbnail?0