• 2(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
This looks very promising!

Have you looked into the legal conditions for redistributing libspotify? Or will the user have to download this library for him/herself?

(Libspotify is Spotify's official Linux library, but is proprietary/closed).
the main issue is the god damn retarded eula. we are not turning into apple/msft, tossing up those to scare the user on app startup. this need to be handled graciously, i.e. in a way so i never have to see it nor accept it (i won't).
Since there is an EULA requirement in libspotify, why not use http://github.com/noahwilliamsson/openspotify ?

As far as I have read it should be really easy to swith from libspotify to openspotify and it seems to work on all platforms that XBMC works on, except PPC perhaps.
This looks great.

Any idea when you can release, or at least public test it?
GENIUSNod

Lets hope it can work with free accounts, but I doubt...
Would be nice to test this, is there any alpha that can be downloaded?
Hi,
it looks really cool. Which platform do you target: windows, Linux, mac, apple tv...?
I own an apple tv (and a mac)... If you are looking for some beta testers, i am your guy! I already have a Spotify subscription...

Keep doing good work!
Big Grin Fy fan vad najs! Was just bowsing the net for information about getting spotify to work on xbmc. Great to hear you will open the source. Will there be any way of accessing the core app from the net (http-api or similar)? Was thinking about options to run this without starting the tv (and got the urge to do some more Android coding)..
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
This looks awesome. Cracking work. Can't wait for the final release Smile
Popeye Wrote:Great to hear you will open the source.
as if he has a choice Wink
If there is some kind of api I might be intrested of building a web-client or a windows client.
you already can - this is using the official libspotify - which is available on windows as well.
I was thinking more like a remote to the spotify built in xbmc.
that would be a general remote for xbmc then - it's just another vfs entry.
Thumbs Up 
Nice, I hope to see a beta or something I can test soon ....

Good luck with the completion.
/J
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10