• 5(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
And i'm running XBMC 9.11 and i'm too noob to install this too. Will there be any instructions? Blush
gazwest Wrote:Fantastic work!

Im sorry for the incredibly stupid question, as I'm pretty new to this.

I have XBMClive Camelot. Is there a guide or HOW-TO to help me add this superb function?

Yeah, running Camelot on Karmic as well´n really looking forward to have a simple HOW-TO guide for this.
I tried following these steps:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js...l=sv&tl=en

And now my XBMClive wont autologin. It boots, and stops when asking for username and pass.

I have no idea what to do.. Will probably have to reinstall. Fu*k.
I tried it last night, but somehow screwed up my Nvidia driver.

Random I know...
Hehe, it seems we're in the same boat BouncinDave. Not necessarily the exact same boat - but at least in the same ocean.

I sure hope a HOW TO will come soon. I've started reinstalling. I have no linux skills at all - so troubleshooting is just a waste of time.
Nice work, akezeke! Finally Smile

Is there a way to get this work on a xbox with xbmc? libspotify not supported i guess?!
gazwest Wrote:I tried following these steps:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js...l=sv&tl=en

And now my XBMClive wont autologin. It boots, and stops when asking for username and pass.

I have no idea what to do.. Will probably have to reinstall. Fu*k.

I hade the same problem but i followed the readme in the file.
Thought i fucked it up totally when it stopped with asking for login.

I thought i could try playing around before i reinstalled it.
I copied the files from the lib directory from libspotify-0.0.3-linux6-i686.tar.gz into the lib directory of xbmclive.
Then i changed the file attributs on xbmc.bin to 777

Also the xbmc.bin was not located where it said in the readme, it was in /usr/share/xbmc

Now it's working like a charm. Don't know what did the trick because i'm a total linux noob.
Hope this will help somebody.
screamer Wrote:I hade the same problem but i followed the readme in the file.
Thought i fucked it up totally when it stopped with asking for login.

I thought i could try playing around before i reinstalled it.
I copied the files from the lib directory from libspotify-0.0.3-linux6-i686.tar.gz into the lib directory of xbmclive.
Then i changed the file attributs on xbmc.bin to 777

Also the xbmc.bin was not located where it said in the readme, it was in /usr/share/xbmc

Now it's working like a charm. Don't know what did the trick because i'm a total linux noob.
Hope this will help somebody.
Thanks for trying to explain. But I'm done reinstalling now. Just have to configure the remote.

Will wait for someone to write a howto.
How to install SpotyXBMC on XBMClive 9.11 32bit.
Update: GMT+1 15:54: I've gotten time to properly test it, and it's an amazing plugin/app. No bugs encountered so far.

1. Boot your XBMC computer, and log on to it’s terminal. I used putty:
Login with your username and password, should be user: xbmc pass: xbmc

2. Start by downloading the archives you need:
Code:
sudo wget http://developer.spotify.com/download/libspotify/libspotify-0.0.3-linux6-i686.tar.gz
sudo wget http://cloud.github.com/downloads/akezeke/spotyxbmc/alpha009_ubuntu32.tar.gz

3. Unpack the archives:
tar zxvf libspotify-0.0.3-linux6-i686.tar.gz
tar zxvf alpha009_ubuntu32.tar.gz

4. Install libspotify:
cd libspotify-0.0.3-linux6-i686
sudo make install prefix=/usr/

When install is complete, type command “cd ..” and press enter.

5. Copy the Spotify logo to the correct folder:
sudo cp spotify_core_logo.png /usr/share/xbmc/media/

6. Create advancedsettings.xml:
sudo nano advancedsettings.xml

When the file editor opens, paste the following text (remember to change user/pass):

<advancedsettings>
<spotify>
<enable>true</enable>
<username>your user name</username>
<password>your password</password>
<cachefolder>~/.xbmc/spotifytemp/</cachefolder>
<maxsearchartists>30</maxsearchartists>
<maxsearchalbums>30</maxsearchalbums>
<maxsearchtracks>150</maxsearchtracks>
</spotify>
</advancedsettings>

Once you have pasted, press CTRL+O to write the changes, and then CTRL+X to close the file.

7. Copy the advancedsettings.xml file to the correct folder:
cp advancedsettings.xml /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/

8. Rename xbmc.bin from the alpha009 archive, and copy it to the right folder:
sudo mv xbmc.bin xbmcnew.bin
sudo cp xbmcnew.bin /usr/share/xbmc/

9. Rename original xbmc.bin to something else, so that we can use the new bin we just moved:
cd /usr/share/xbmc/

Type command “ls” just to check if old .bin and new .bin is there, it should look like this:
(Click for larger image)

If both files are there, proceed.

10. Rename the original xbmc.bin:
sudo mv xbmc.bin xbmcold.bin

11. Replace with modified bin from Alpha009 archive:
sudo mv xbmcnew.bin xbmc.bin
sudo chmod +x xbmc.bin

When that is done, you would want to reboot the machine.
sudo reboot

After the reboot, just go to music -> library. And select spotify.

NOTE: The "library" option did not show up on my computer. That's because I didn't have a music library. Added some albums to a share, set content - and voilà. I could select library and spotify from the music menu.

Hope this guide is useful to you! :-)
Thanks Gazwest, that's exactly what i was after.

I'll give it a go later today
No problem. But, like I said. There are no guarantees. Trying to find these steps, and piece them together has cost me a few hours and two reinstalls. So I hope I'm able to help someone with this :-)
Bad news guys.

I think it's installed properly. But it does not show up in the menu, like it's supposed to.

Trying to figure it out now.

Update: Check my original guide. It was a goof by me. I did not have music library enabled.
This is no longer a problem.
There are screenshots of spotyxbmc running on windows but no readme or much talk about it in this thread, is it at all available yet?
Got it running also, but videos randomly crash after using their precompiled binary.
and i get an strange compile error on paplayer when compiling my self.

But since this is an alpha im going to wait, but spotify interface worked greate tough
reta Wrote:There are screenshots of spotyxbmc running on windows but no readme or much talk about it in this thread, is it at all available yet?

You wont get it on windows as there isn't an API that lets you play music via 3rd party API yet.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10