• 71(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
(2012-12-19, 17:35)MatLCFC Wrote: ========== Build: 37 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

NuroPreak git...not working for me.

have a look at the text output above that message. it might have clues. I had my appkey.h file in the wrong directory the first time.

or better still copy and paste all the text up to xbmclogs.com and post the link here. otherwise folks can only guess.

make: *** [xbmc_asap.dll] Error 127
cp: cannot stat `xbmc_asap.dll': No such file or directory
failed to compile /xbmc/system/players/paplayer/xbmc_asap.dll
Last Akezeke git works for me on ubuntu.
Can someone confirm it there is a problem on windows ? Does someone successfully built it on windows ?
(2012-12-19, 17:35)MatLCFC Wrote: ========== Build: 37 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

NuroPreak git...not working for me.

Mind sharing the log? I successfully compiled this build on windows.
I have created a updated merge from mainline (frodo RC2) from akezeke's spotyxbmc here:

https://github.com/NuroPreak/xbmc.git
Updated again!

https://github.com/emilm/spotyxbmc2-updated

I am gonna try it on windows too, and maybe try to develop it a little.
I haven't tried either update yet - I have been busy setting up a network of raspberry pies...

(2013-01-02, 14:09)[Ad0] Wrote: I am gonna try it on windows too, and maybe try to develop it a little.
Sounds very interesting - are you talking development for windows - or development of the whole spotify feature in xbmc?
(2013-01-02, 21:44)StefanK Wrote: Sounds very interesting - are you talking development for windows - or development of the whole spotify feature in xbmc?

Spotify in general! I am thinking of fixing some small issues at first, to get to know the source code. I dunno if you get the same thing, but when going on a playlist, it shows "spotify:playlist:13" in the title. Same for albums and artists. I might fix that if it's something that I have not broken myself Smile
(2013-01-02, 21:47)[Ad0] Wrote:
(2013-01-02, 21:44)StefanK Wrote: Sounds very interesting - are you talking development for windows - or development of the whole spotify feature in xbmc?

Spotify in general! I am thinking of fixing some small issues at first, to get to know the source code. I dunno if you get the same thing, but when going on a playlist, it shows "spotify:playlist:13" in the title. Same for albums and artists. I might fix that if it's something that I have not broken myself Smile

this is brilliant news, it does need a bit of a polish. would it be useful to you if i listed a few of these types of minor issues that i have noticed?
This looks like a great add-on.

For a non developer though, installing this on a windows machine is just way too hard. No clue.

Happy to help in any way an end user can however to help the development.
Anyone who compile theirs on win32 can freely share their binaries, there is no harm having the appkey compiled in the executable Wink
i think most of these are requests for anyone developing this addon:

1) anyone know if its possible to get xbmc to include spotify stuff in my party mode playlist?

2) would be great to be able to create new playlists & save them up to my spotify account (I can use my spotify song search results to create a local playlist - by pressing Q and then save - and it works! but then when i play the playlist there is no info at all in the music 'now playing screen')

3) when i'm using a proper spotify playlist in xbmc (created using the actual spotify software) everything seems to work perfectly except I can't skip tracks. "playlist: can't find a next item to play"

4) it would be much more usable if the search results had tracks at the top (instead of albums), and if it also had the most 'popular' search result at the top - ie just like the search results in the actual spotify client software
It is remarkable, it is very valuable information
(2013-01-11, 14:50)[Ad0] Wrote: Anyone who compile theirs on win32 can freely share their binaries, there is no harm having the appkey compiled in the executable Wink

Anyone know what is the best way to upgrade to the latest version of xbmc?

I compiled when we were on frodo rc1 and i'm needing to upgrade because i want to get liveTV aka PVR working.

if i download and install frodo rc3 over my current install will i lose spotify?
(2013-01-02, 14:09)[Ad0] Wrote: Updated again!

https://github.com/emilm/spotyxbmc2-updated

I am gonna try it on windows too, and maybe try to develop it a little.

is this update an rc3 version?

does it tell you this info on the github somewhere?
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10