• 75(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
(2013-03-07, 18:26)thebearnecessit Wrote: thanks dude. if i compile/create and xbmc.exe using the instructions above and just install it over my existing install will i keep all my library and home page settings etc?
Yes, you keep all your settings and libraries when you install the new build.

(2013-03-09, 17:38)thebearnecessit Wrote: does anyone know if its possible to get spotify integrated into an xbmc app (for use on android)?
Surely possible - if you were a skilled programmer Big Grin
To be more serious, I would doubt it, since XBMC is still a new thing for Android, and since switching between the XBMC app and the well functioning Spotify app is probably easier than manoeuvring to Spotify and finding music within the tablet version of XBMC.
And Raspberry Pi ?
(2013-03-11, 15:38)Mati24 Wrote: And Raspberry Pi ?

It seems to be possible if you compile your own version of Openelec. See this thread on Openelecs forum: http://openelec.tv/forum/13-miscellaneou...?start=432
I haven't had the guts (nor the time) to try it out myself, but let us hear about it if you do!
Ok thank you
When can we compile with 12.1 version ?
Hi All,

Just to say firstly brilliant project!

I encountered it while doing my (once every six month or so) scouring of the internet to see if anyone has forked the despotify code to work with free accounts yet. When I saw an XBMC port I was delighted we were making such progress.

That said it is to my utter astonishment that the code to despotify doesn't seem (as best I can find) to have been forked in an attempt to regain access for free accounts....I'm not sure if this is because it is somehow difficult to achieve? it seems surprising that the pirates that be wouldn't flock to such a task in their millions.....I was sure when I first followed the rise of despotify that we'd soon even be seeing mobile clients running on free accounts....(yes that would seriously undermine spotify's business model by cutting out both ads and fees for use of mobile phones with the service)

Anyway while I've got this sinking feeling I know what the answer will be.....

Can I ask if this project still only works with premium accounts? I know it started out that way (not surprising as it was ported from despotify) also (for the sake of understanding this perplexing puzzle) if someone more clued up on the API understands how technically difficult this would be to achieve I'd be interested in understanding a bit better? Have they got some increadible security setup? or is this just some astounding case of so many people having made a decision not to do it on principle? ;-)
Signed up for the premium trial on the off chance that this would work... Nothing against the addon, I am just bad at getting this stuff to work. To my amazement, I followed the install instructions and it works right out of the box. GREATNESS! You have completed my HTPC.
just merged 12.1 there: https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/tree/Frodo_12.1
Can someone make a push request with the fanart fix someone mentions a few pages back?
Is this branch actually usable for anyone? I still have random crashes while watching videos on spotyxbmc2, I keep trying this once in a while, but still the same thing, I guess not much development is done to this?
(2013-03-23, 09:27)neoflex Wrote: just merged 12.1 there: https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/tree/Frodo_12.1
Great - you link to a subfolder of spotyxbmc2. Does that mean that I have to do something else than
$ git clone git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git
to get the necessary files for windows?

Edit: yes - because with the git clone above I end up with yet another version of Frodo 12.0. Oh what to do?
i heard a few people saying 12.1 was crashing a lot especially in windows, so i've just compiled an xbmc version 12 and will stick with that for now.

just putting that out there in case people didnt know that 12.1 has been causing some issues.
(2013-03-23, 17:54)StefanK Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 09:27)neoflex Wrote: just merged 12.1 there: https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/tree/Frodo_12.1
Great - you link to a subfolder of spotyxbmc2. Does that mean that I have to do something else than

git checkout Frodo_12.1

I think you have to do that command.
I have no stability issues with 12.1 on linux, only with spotyxbmc2 as stated before. =)
(2013-03-23, 19:13)oBey Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 17:54)StefanK Wrote:

git checkout Frodo_12.1

I couldn't do with the original command - as I ended up with yet another version of Frodo 12.0. Can you help me out with the exact syntax and order of the git-commands?
(2013-03-23, 21:49)StefanK Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 19:13)oBey Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 17:54)StefanK Wrote: Great - you link to a subfolder of spotyxbmc2. Does that mean that I have to do something else than

git checkout Frodo_12.1

I couldn't do with the original command - as I ended up with yet another version of Frodo 12.0. Can you help me out with the exact syntax and order of the git-commands?

I did this last night and the commands i used was:

sudo git clone git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git
sudo git checkout Frodo_12.1

Then compiled as usual. Worked for me.
So... Spotyxbmc2 (Frodo 12.0) was working great until today. Now it is not working on my laptop (Ubuntu 12.10) or my HTPC (Win7Pro). On the Linux machine, XBMC runs for about 10 seconds then closes. I ran it from terminal and it gets a "Segmentation fault" while scanning artists. On the Win7 machine I can run XBMC, but no artists are loaded into the library, however, the tracks are listed under songs. If I try to play one of those songs XBMC freezes.

Edit: Wiped my old install and started from scratch... Seems to be doing O.K. thus far. On the Win7 pc at least...

I do have the addon set to load artists and albums on startup, but this doesn't seem to be happening. Any ideas?
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10