• 76(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
I've only been using this for a few days... Seems to be working great thus far (Windows 7, Frodo 12.0), but one thing I have noticed is that songs which are greyed-out as "unavailable" in the Spotify client are listed in SpotyXBMC. If I click on one of these songs it freezes up and I have to alt-f4. Problem is that there is no way to tell which songs are like this within SpotyXBMC.
I built this from the frodo 12.1 branch last night and it seemed to work in terms of seeing my spotify playlists, playing music from them, and accessing "Top" spotify lists as well.

However, some features mentioned in the OP in this thread didn't seem to be available: namely, search results did not seem to include anything from spotify, and I didn't see the "Similar Artists" folder when browsing an artist's albums. I realize in retrospect I might have checked the Add-on settings to see if these features were off by default, and that it could also have to do with using the "Ace" skin - do some features require skin support?

In any case, I felt uncomfortable not using a "official" build, and I don't listen to Spotify that much anyway, so I returned to "stock" Frodo 12.1.
I have freeze too after 3-4 songs in continue playback
Anyone have some time and knowledge to merge the new 12.2 Release?
Same question is oBey. Can anyone build it with 12.2?
Hi Smile

I merged it with 12.2 and compiled successfully yesterday evening on Ubuntu.
(I didn't test it on windows or on any other linux)

I am uploading the merge, and will make a pull request on the official spotyxbmc2 repo soon.
(2013-06-19, 14:35)gravitezero Wrote: I am uploading the merge, and will make a pull request on the official spotyxbmc2 repo soon.
Looking forward to that - I'll test it for windows :-)
You can find it here : https://github.com/gravitezero/spotyxbmc2
Branch Frodo_12.2

Let me know if you successfully compile it on windows Smile
(It's the first time I work on such a big project, so I am not confident I did it right :/)
It seems to compile just right (at least so I think - the build log is here: http://pastebin.com/eUDXzdxs).

But when I run XBMC after install I still end up with version 12.0. I started out with Git Bash cloning git://github.com/gravitezero/spotyxbmc2.git

What did I do wrong?
Did you checkout the branch Frodo_12.2 ?
I guess not - how to do?
You are going to need git :
Code:
git checkout Frodo_12.2

There might be other solutions tweaking with the .git folder, but I don't know them :/
Thanks for helping out (I just follow directions, I still don't speak git!) - so after cloning spotyxbmc2.git I enter the new folder (still in git bash) and enter the command
$ git checkout Frodo_12.2

And then I go on with the build process?
Yes I think so.

Juste make sure to follow the guide in the Readme.md :
- Install libspotify
- add the file appkey.h
I usually follow the guide back from post 530 - it doesn't mention how to install libspotify. Might this step be unnecessary in windows - as it isn't described in the readme.md either. I'll give it a go!
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10