• 82(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
Ok.. Now it,s working. I tried Jz123's walktrough guide again and now it's working..WOHOU! Nice! =)
Hi.

First I want to thank you for a great addon. It's really amazing.

I have successfully merged it to the latest xbmc master, that is Gotham 13 Alpha 9. It compiles and works pretty good I Ubuntu, but I'm not able to get it to work in Windows. It compiles but it won't populate my music library and I cannot see any errors in the debug logs. Can someone with more knowledge please take a look?

The repository can be found at https://github.com/JohNan/spotyxbmc2
I don't think its worth yet to invest time in it to make it work Tongue Or atleast till the future freeze
Hello,

I compiled and installed thuis addon this weekend and it works like a charm except for one small issue.

The only thing I can't get to work is the fanart backdrops.
I have the option for HTBackdrops enabled but I only get album covers and artist thumbnails, but no background.
It doesn't even show the green spotify background, but only the skin default one.
When I add a local music album and add it to the library it shows the background fanart for that as it's suppose to.

Tried it on multiple skins, but has the same problem with all. Currently I use back row skin.

Fan arts.txt looks good, it has working links to HTBackdrops.org. Tried to delete it and let it generate again but that doesn't help.

Log.txt seems to have no errors or something in it too.

I hope someone can help me?

Thanks in advance!

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 32bit OS
Anyone get this working on Android yet? I'd love to have in on my Ouya.
Hi!
There is a huge problem with the .exe build. The "spotify menu" isnt visible when running for example the yatse remote. The Music menu is completely empty
Is there an solution?
/Marcus
Starting to see slowdowns in loading up artist's albums. Anyone else getting this?
Yes I notice this. However if a star all the artists tracks then browse by album it loads quickly and just shows the starred tracks.

If I try and browse by artist it comes up with everything (albums, tracks, singles etc...) Very slow

If there was a way to make browsing by artists only show starred tracks that would be good (maybe an option to turn it on and off) then if you want to look at all the artists content you could look through the search function. As I find the plugin working much quicker when browsing starred tracks and playlists as opposed to searching spotify for them.
Quote:Hi!
There is a huge problem with the .exe build. The "spotify menu" isnt visible when running for example the yatse remote. The Music menu is completely empty
Is there an solution?
/Marcus

I have a similar problem. There is only my playlist with original spotify. When I searching artists or anything else list is mostly time empty. Only few bands and even not always. For example one time succesful browse "metallica", other time not.
(2013-10-20, 23:06)LuffarJoh Wrote: Hi.

I have successfully merged it to the latest xbmc master, that is Gotham 13 Alpha 9. It compiles and works pretty good I Ubuntu, but I'm not able to get it to work in Windows. It compiles but it won't populate my music library and I cannot see any errors in the debug logs. Can someone with more knowledge please take a look?

I tried syncing with xbmc master again, but get compiler errors about CStdString. I know there's been some changes about this lately and it's used in Spotyxbmc, so I guess someone who knows more about code than I do needs to look at it Smile
(2013-11-23, 10:47)arokh Wrote:
(2013-10-20, 23:06)LuffarJoh Wrote: Hi.

I tried syncing with xbmc master again, but get compiler errors about CStdString. I know there's been some changes about this lately and it's used in Spotyxbmc, so I guess someone who knows more about code than I do needs to look at it Smile

I have started to merge with xbmc master and updating the spotify api lib in the branch dev. I ran into several problems though. After merging and removing/changing CStdString it wouldn't play any song. So I thought maybe it's because of the old libspotify and started updating that too. But now it segfault on login. But I don't think libspotify was the problem from the beginning.

I think I might rollback to before updating libspotify and try make that work before going on updating.

I don't have much spare time atm so any help is appreciated :-)
That's great, looks like you got it working yesterday from the commit log? How stable is it? From what I understand the old libspotify version was used because radio was removed in newer releases and there was no advantage using a new libspotify.
If the radio in the older api still works maybe we should change it back? Or try get the new kind of radio working instead. Anyway, a friend of mine is helping out. He made it play tracks but it's far from stable yet. He is a much better developer than me and he seemed to really like this project. So hopefully we'll get some progress now.
And anyone is free to pitch in. Make a fork and send pull requests and I will merged it in.
Sounds interesting LuffarJoh. I will be delighted with any solid improvements.
I'm getting hung up on installation of compiling. I execute ./bootstrap and nothing happens.

ubuntu 12.04

./bootstrap no such file or directory found. Where should this be living, in cbmx folder or elsewhere. I'm very confused by this.
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10