• 83(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
I ran into problem while playing spotify radio.
Let's say theres songs
a
b
c
d
e
f
in the list after selecting the radio from music menu.
I select a and it starts playing it without problems.
When it's supposed to switch to next track (b), it starts playing it, but XBMC shows c as current track.
Once that's over too and it's switching to next track, it starts playing d and now XBMC shows it correctly.
After this the bug happens again. e starts playing but xbmc shows f as current track.

Bug happens every 2nd track and it causes it to skip every 3rd track.

a <- Start playing, no problems
b <- When this track starts playing, xbmc shows c as current track
c <- Even when xbmc shows this as current track, it'll get skipped.
d <- This starts playing after b (xbmc gui says c) and now xbmc shows it correctly
e <- Here the bug happens again, e playing, xbmc says f...
f <- and once again this'll get skipped

Anyone else experiencing this?
I tried all different repeat and shuffle settings - is there anything else I could do to fix it?
Is it possible to bind a hotkey or simmulare to play a specific spotify playlist? or to start it from json-rpc / http api / eventghost?

So that i ether can start playing it with a keyboard combination or send command to start it from ether a homemade webserver or android xbmc remote app.

also is there any way to get the song information of currently playing song throu the api? so i can on my webpage display currently playing song?
Hi All,
this addon looks amazing, i found a full installation or source code, i don't know what to do with both, can't i just install an addon?
i really like to have those features...

thanks

EDIT: i just succeed! amazing! thank to all the coders
I'm having trouble getting libspotify to load with the latest code from: https://github.com/JohNan/spotyxbmc2
"Unable to load libspotify"
"Dll libspotify.so was not found in path"

I see the latest commit is referring to dynamic linking to libspotify.
I can't find the libspotify.so file anywhere, making me think this is specific for Linux.
I'm compiling in windows btw.

Has anyone been able to build and run the JohNan master branch on windows?
(2013-12-17, 12:31)symthic Wrote: I ran into problem while playing spotify radio.
Let's say theres songs
a
b
c
d
e
f
in the list after selecting the radio from music menu.
I select a and it starts playing it without problems.
When it's supposed to switch to next track (b), it starts playing it, but XBMC shows c as current track.
Once that's over too and it's switching to next track, it starts playing d and now XBMC shows it correctly.
After this the bug happens again. e starts playing but xbmc shows f as current track.

Bug happens every 2nd track and it causes it to skip every 3rd track.

a <- Start playing, no problems
b <- When this track starts playing, xbmc shows c as current track
c <- Even when xbmc shows this as current track, it'll get skipped.
d <- This starts playing after b (xbmc gui says c) and now xbmc shows it correctly
e <- Here the bug happens again, e playing, xbmc says f...
f <- and once again this'll get skipped

Anyone else experiencing this?
I tried all different repeat and shuffle settings - is there anything else I could do to fix it?

i get the same bug also....
beside that i have 2 more questions:
1. in the installation instructions here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1496865 it says to download the api key which i did but it gives link to the libspotify https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/libspotify/ , what should i do with it? i ididnt downloaded it and everything is working.
2. how can we know if there is a new version? who compile it? is there a new exe each time?

thanks
Hi All,

Could anyone please provide an iOS version of this marvellous plugin? :-)

Thanks so much
Hi Guys!

I'm sorry if this is mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread, but I'm having some troubles with my Gotham build.

I have merged the xbmc master branch into spotyxbmc (or vice versa Wink ), and fixed the std:Confusedtring issues (aswell as CSettings, etc.). In short: it's compiling, and I can see / login to the plugin in xbmc. It seems like everything is working fine except the actual listing of the playlists/tracks/albums. When I enter into "Music" all I see is a blank screen. Meanwhile, in the logs, I can see that the plugin is doing stuff in the background (loading tracks / albums / etc.)

Any ideas?
Spotify is coming with new version of "collection" no more starred things and stuff

Currently in beta
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-...d-p/562686

Is it possible that anyone makes a version 12.3
I really appreciate it and i think the other members will also.
Hi.
Is it possible to start playing a spotify playlist in xbmc via the json-rpc api?
The spotify playlists dont show when i do getplaylists, so i dont know their ID, if they have one...?
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Help!

ive been using spotyxbmc for a month a loved it,
now i changed the username and did everything all over again but nothing work!!!
i tried:
- changing the username in the plugin settings-nada
- replacing the key-doesnt help
- doing the entire procedure-no
- doing everythin on a clean xbmc-doesnt work also

i think that spotify changed something with key,

I WANT MY MUSIC!

any help would be appriciated.
thanks
No one? Really? Did someone tried of doing the full procedure from scratch?
is a premium membership still required? since its all free now for mobil things too.?
Anyone have this going with 12.3 or Gotham?
(2013-11-01, 22:34)Jz123 Wrote: I don't think its worth yet to invest time in it to make it work Tongue Or atleast till the future freeze

I haven't spent time on the Gotham alphas, but I just tested the beta version last night. It seems that streaming (airplay) spotify from IOS7 works again - even with a nice graphic showing what is being streamed.
Now we are just looking forward to an integrated version - will you promise us some more excellent work Jz123 Smile either now or after the final version...
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10