[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
Phantom_Zone Offline
Donor
Does anyone fancy compiling a Windows RC1 version of XBMC with Spoty & HD audio...I'd help bury a body??! Nod
find quote
Tarantin0 Offline
Phantom_Zone Wrote:Does anyone fancy compiling a Windows RC1 version of XBMC with Spoty & HD audio...I'd help bury a body??! Nod

++
find quote
ssormark Offline
Does anyone else have problems with crazy cpu-usage?
I just updated and recompiled, and suddenly xbmc uses most of the cpu, even when idle.
If I disable spotyxbmc everything is normal.
find quote
Machete Offline
ssormark Wrote:Does anyone else have problems with crazy cpu-usage?
I just updated and recompiled, and suddenly xbmc uses most of the cpu, even when idle.
I'm having the same cpu usage problem on my windows 7 64b machine
find quote
eXisTa Offline
I got three letters for you: WOW!
I recently left Spotify for iTunes Match but was really dissapointed after working with it for weeks.
Since I'm a long time XBMC user and a sucker for music I really think XBMC & Spotify is the ultimate combination for me.
I just (5 mins. ago) reactivated my Spotify subscription and installed this custom build of XBMC: http://www.fairtekservices.com/downloads..._Beta1.exe
Works like a charm, thanks guys!

Like the guy above: "Anyone fancy building an RC2 version" or are you waiting for the real deal?

[Image: widget]
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
(This post was last modified: 2012-03-02 19:29 by eXisTa.)
find quote
Jaypeg Offline
Phantom_Zone Wrote:Does anyone fancy compiling a Windows RC1 version of XBMC with Spoty & HD audio...I'd help bury a body??! Nod

+1
find quote
nooryani84 Offline
Donor
I wish they'd make an official plugin that was user-installable.

[Image: all-thin-banner@2x.jpg]
find quote
soder Offline
Posting Freak
I just tried to compile in Ubuntu with the latest code, and I got this problem.

http://piclair.com/6dzdd

What does that mean?

/Söder

GIGABYTE MA78GM-S2H, AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4850E, 4x1GB DDR2 XMS2 PC6400, Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 1GB, Panasonic TH-42PX80, MCE 2005, 3xSAMSUNG SPINPOINT F1 1TB + 1xWestern Digital Red 3TB
OpenELEC
Aeon Nox
[Image: episode-thin-banner.jpg]
find quote
soder Offline
Posting Freak
ssormark Wrote:Does anyone else have problems with crazy cpu-usage?

I'm having the same problem, and I've even posted a thread about it in the linux-part of this forum.

I hope that the latest update will fix that problem.

EDIT: I tried to disable Spotify in XBMC and just like you said, the cpu is back to "normal". Even if I think 20% is a bit high, but maybe that's the way it should be? Well, it's 20% when my cpu is idle in 1000 Mhz instead of 2500 Mhz.

EDIT2: I just updated to latest RC2 and then enabled Spotify and it works again. No more 100% cpu.

/Söder

GIGABYTE MA78GM-S2H, AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4850E, 4x1GB DDR2 XMS2 PC6400, Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 1GB, Panasonic TH-42PX80, MCE 2005, 3xSAMSUNG SPINPOINT F1 1TB + 1xWestern Digital Red 3TB
OpenELEC
Aeon Nox
(This post was last modified: 2012-03-03 17:42 by soder.)
find quote
bertrand Offline
About the compilation error from above, I think it was a simple carriage return error in xbmc/Application.cpp. I have sent a pull request that fixes it, even though it is kinda pointless :-)

https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/pull/26

HTPC hardware: Hiper HMC-2K53A-C0 case, Intel Core 2 duo E4500, 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400, Samsung spinpoint S hard drive, Gigabyte GA-73-PVM-S2H motherboard (R.I.P). Planning on getting a ION box instead.
HTPC software: XBMC trunk, Confluence skin (usually).
Storage: 4TB+ of external hard drives accessed through SMB on a 100 mbps network.
find quote
soder Offline
Posting Freak
bertrand Wrote:About the compilation error from above, I think it was a simple carriage return error in xbmc/Application.cpp. I have sent a pull request that fixes it, even though it is kinda pointless :-)

https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/pull/26

Ok, does this mean that I try again now, or do I have to wait until it's being applied or something?

EDIT: Fixed! Works now. Great!

/Söder

OpenELEC
Aeon Nox
(This post was last modified: 2012-03-03 17:42 by soder.)
find quote
biccies Offline
nooryani84 Wrote:I wish they'd make an official plugin that was user-installable.

Can't agree more!
find quote
Tarantin0 Offline
biccies Wrote:Can't agree more!

++
find quote
[Ad0] Offline
Donor
Will there be gapless support now? Smile

Can you have a merged view of local music and spotify perhaps? That would be awesome! Maybe it exists?
find quote
Sveen Offline
n00bquestion: Do I have to apply for a key in the link in the readme? Can't find "c-code" anywhere on the site...
find quote