• 54(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
Does anyone fancy compiling a Windows RC1 version of XBMC with Spoty & HD audio...I'd help bury a body??! Nod
Phantom_Zone Wrote:Does anyone fancy compiling a Windows RC1 version of XBMC with Spoty & HD audio...I'd help bury a body??! Nod

++
Does anyone else have problems with crazy cpu-usage?
I just updated and recompiled, and suddenly xbmc uses most of the cpu, even when idle.
If I disable spotyxbmc everything is normal.
ssormark Wrote:Does anyone else have problems with crazy cpu-usage?
I just updated and recompiled, and suddenly xbmc uses most of the cpu, even when idle.
I'm having the same cpu usage problem on my windows 7 64b machine
I got three letters for you: WOW!
I recently left Spotify for iTunes Match but was really dissapointed after working with it for weeks.
Since I'm a long time XBMC user and a sucker for music I really think XBMC & Spotify is the ultimate combination for me.
I just (5 mins. ago) reactivated my Spotify subscription and installed this custom build of XBMC: http://www.fairtekservices.com/downloads..._Beta1.exe
Works like a charm, thanks guys!

Like the guy above: "Anyone fancy building an RC2 version" or are you waiting for the real deal?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Phantom_Zone Wrote:Does anyone fancy compiling a Windows RC1 version of XBMC with Spoty & HD audio...I'd help bury a body??! Nod

+1
I wish they'd make an official plugin that was user-installable.
I just tried to compile in Ubuntu with the latest code, and I got this problem.

http://piclair.com/6dzdd

What does that mean?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
ssormark Wrote:Does anyone else have problems with crazy cpu-usage?

I'm having the same problem, and I've even posted a thread about it in the linux-part of this forum.

I hope that the latest update will fix that problem.

EDIT: I tried to disable Spotify in XBMC and just like you said, the cpu is back to "normal". Even if I think 20% is a bit high, but maybe that's the way it should be? Well, it's 20% when my cpu is idle in 1000 Mhz instead of 2500 Mhz.

EDIT2: I just updated to latest RC2 and then enabled Spotify and it works again. No more 100% cpu.

/Söder
About the compilation error from above, I think it was a simple carriage return error in xbmc/Application.cpp. I have sent a pull request that fixes it, even though it is kinda pointless :-)

https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/pull/26
HTPC hardware: Hiper HMC-2K53A-C0 case, Intel Core 2 duo E4500, 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400, Samsung spinpoint S hard drive, Gigabyte GA-73-PVM-S2H motherboard (R.I.P). Planning on getting a ION box instead.
HTPC software: XBMC trunk, Confluence skin (usually).
Storage: 4TB+ of external hard drives accessed through SMB on a 100 mbps network.
bertrand Wrote:About the compilation error from above, I think it was a simple carriage return error in xbmc/Application.cpp. I have sent a pull request that fixes it, even though it is kinda pointless :-)

https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2/pull/26

Ok, does this mean that I try again now, or do I have to wait until it's being applied or something?

EDIT: Fixed! Works now. Great!

/Söder
nooryani84 Wrote:I wish they'd make an official plugin that was user-installable.

Can't agree more!
biccies Wrote:Can't agree more!

++
Will there be gapless support now? Smile

Can you have a merged view of local music and spotify perhaps? That would be awesome! Maybe it exists?
n00bquestion: Do I have to apply for a key in the link in the readme? Can't find "c-code" anywhere on the site...
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10