• 56(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
Will spotimc do the job? (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125147)
(2012-03-28, 13:45)mrburvall Wrote: Will spotimc do the job? (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125147)

WTF? Where did THAT little gem appear from?!?!

The addon in the thread you posted works great for me. I now have a fully functional spotify addon in my xbmc Eden 11 . yay. whoop.

It is only an alpha so still has problems and doesnt work on every platform. but works for me on windows xp with one issue only. It skips to next track when its only halfway through a track. It does this every 4 or 5 songs.

Thanks for posting mrburvall.

Hello,

I keep getting this error when im running the make command. I dont know very much about linux so I just followed what was in the readme. I have a fresh install of xbmcbuntu on my machine.

http://pastie.org/3687708
Hello, how do install this on a apple tv 2?

Got premium now, and pretty excited to start using xbmc with spotify Smile
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
nvm, see its only on windows/linux

still, trying it out on laptop, im on the step where i should get a c key or something from spotify dev, i have looked all over that sight 20 times, and i cant find any links for that, i just see.

Application keys

and lots of different libspotify for linux, darwin, osx, win32 etc

EDIT; i saw 20 posts back someone posted .exe file from beta 1, while this is great, do anyone know if this will come like a addon, like spotify on boxee box do. Or if someone can compile a 11.0 final with spotify addon. Greatly appreciated
(2012-04-03, 19:46)henrikyo Wrote: nvm, see its only on windows/linux

still, trying it out on laptop, im on the step where i should get a c key or something from spotify dev, i have looked all over that sight 20 times, and i cant find any links for that, i just see.

Application keys

See this post
(2012-03-28, 18:46)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2012-03-28, 13:45)mrburvall Wrote: Will spotimc do the job? (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125147)

WTF? Where did THAT little gem appear from?!?!

The addon in the thread you posted works great for me. I now have a fully functional spotify addon in my xbmc Eden 11 . yay. whoop.

It is only an alpha so still has problems and doesnt work on every platform. but works for me on windows xp with one issue only. It skips to next track when its only halfway through a track. It does this every 4 or 5 songs.

Thanks for posting mrburvall.

I must second this post!

How much I admire Akezeke's work on SpotyXBMC, I never successfully managed to use it because I also wanted the PVR support from Pulse-eight/Opdenkamp and that one was a little higher on my priority list than Spotify. Having to constantly merge those 2 is a real pain.

For me, plugin is the way to go with regards to Spotify (and I hope PVR also will once become integrated in main line / plugins).

Being in an alpha state, Spotimc already does a really good job! Last weekend I spent an evening listening to spotify playlists and not one of them skipped songs so this really looks promising Smile.
Yes would love to hav ethis in plug in form, being a complete and terrible noob when it comes to git and other stuff, i cant wrap my mind around it. Hopefully we will see it soon, and while the beta 1 compiled in this thread is good, its a little bit buggy. Also the problem with spotimc, its that it run in an addon, so i can see spotify stuff under music / albums / artist etc

Thanks for all the hard work. Great having spotify finally on xbmc
(2012-04-03, 20:04)dodoadoodoo Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 19:46)henrikyo Wrote: nvm, see its only on windows/linux

Application keys

See this post

Thanks, but i tried that, i set application name, xbmc and description xbmc, agree to the terms, and hit submit, then the page reloads. nothing happens :/

tearing my hair out now, why does not spotify developer give me a key. god!

anyways i signed up using facebook, so i had to find my username (the numbers) i did, and set a password, now i can login into spoitfy developers, but i still cant get a key, even though i have tried every time of application and description. reload page, and i get the same form again.
Btw, this is what i see, compare that to the other guys, and i see the page is very different

On his, it says apply for a key, on me it just says submit

What i see

What the other dude saw

http://bildr.no/view/1126424
(2012-04-04, 13:03)henrikyo Wrote: Btw, this is what i see, compare that to the other guys, and i see the page is very different

On his, it says apply for a key, on me it just says submit

What i see

What the other dude saw

http://bildr.no/view/1126424

So, what happens when you submit?

/D
nothing, the page just reload
(2012-03-28, 22:43)pellos Wrote: Hello,

I keep getting this error when im running the make command. I dont know very much about linux so I just followed what was in the readme. I have a fresh install of xbmcbuntu on my machine.

http://pastie.org/3687708

Hey Pellos!

I was having the same problem as you, but tried redownloading the source today and this time it compiled OK. So git that stuff again!
(2012-04-04, 18:15)henrikyo Wrote: nothing, the page just reload

Maybe application name is mandatory? Have you tried writing something in that field?

Also, are you on a mac computer? Maybe it's seeing that (I deducted that from the other stuff that appears in your page) and that is tripping it for whatever reason... try to access the page from a Linux/Win box and see if it works...
Thanks

Tried all of the above, even a phone, on osx, and on windows.

I have tried with or without stuff in application name etc.

But i wont clog the thread with this stuff, i have contacted spotify so hopefully they will sort it out. Thanks for the help
Hello!

is there any spotify app for OSX?
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10