• 80(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
Thats nice !

Only thing that is left i think, it should be as an addon.. who's the developer of this thing?

Second, doesnt the unlimited version of spotify have an api key?

How do you get a gotham month build with it?
and one for openelec?
(2013-08-31, 15:00)Skank Wrote: Second, doesnt the unlimited version of spotify have an api key?

No

(2013-08-31, 15:00)Skank Wrote: How do you get a gotham month build with it?
and one for openelec?

Check the oe forums for detailed and easy to follow instructions. Big thanks to Tompen for making that happen!

/D
Does this support mysl db?
(2013-08-31, 17:52)Skank Wrote: Does this support mysl db?

In what sense? You can still share your local library using mysql, if that is your question?

/D
Thanks zebbe152 for the pull request. Here is it again the new version:

If you encounter errors please let me know mayby i can go see what i can do. I'm running this now on my laptop to.
(Again i'm not a coder, and yes my english could be a little better Tongue )

Download Link:
http://ul.to/nlnvigt4

Notes: 2 extra EULA's agreements added to the installer for 2 tools i added to do the API change/injection as user friendly as possible in some sort kind of patch way. (So don't be scared if u see it!) (hexpatcher to edit XBMC.exe and Swiss File Knife to convert the binary to hex)

Instructions
1. Install spotyXBMCSetup-v12.2-custom-pvr.exe and don't start XBMC yet.
2. Download your BINARY API Key from here:
https://developer.spotify.com/technologi...tify/keys/
https://developer.spotify.com/technologies/libspotify/
3. Name it "spotify_appkey.key" and place it in your root dir of XBMC. (Proberly C:\Program Files\XBMC\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\)
4. Now execute runpatch.bat IN ADMINISTRATOR MODE!!! (Otherways i'm not allowed to edit XBMC.exe)
5. When everything is ok. Start using XBMC and configure the spotify addon.
6. Dont forget to restart xbmc after its configured.

And again if i'm not allowed to post this or forgot something or what ever, i'm sorry just send me a message and i'll remove it or take actions.
Also i'm not responsible for anything.

If you are updating from v12.0 you must re-run the patcher to again ofcourse Tongue And like last release no pvr addons with it since you can download it anyway from the repo.

Credits to all coders and fixers and people!

-------------------------------------------------------

Sidenote: U can always start XBMC, if u ran after the patch and its giving a error and xbmc won't start. Then it didnt patched right and you didnt follow correctly the procedure. Just recover your backup to the original file and try again. (Or re-run the full setup). Since if the api key is wrong u still can start XBMC it will just not load the spotify music. (Or it must be some error somewhere in your userdata if thats possible)
I assume the update should fix the HTCbackdrops? I still get no fanart though. When I scroll through my spotify-starred albums, the background alternates between 1) spotify-green, 2) black and 3) my music-fallback picture.
I quite wonder how that is possible!
(2013-09-01, 22:10)StefanK Wrote: I assume the update should fix the HTCbackdrops? I still get no fanart though. When I scroll through my spotify-starred albums, the background alternates between 1) spotify-green, 2) black and 3) my music-fallback picture.

I'm not sure if the update Jz123 uploaded contains the fix or not but lets assume that it does...

Check the entries in fanarts.txt. Fanarts.txt is located here: \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\spotify\cache\

It should look like this:

Artist name
URL to fanart

Example:
Code:
New Radicals
http://htbackdrops.org/api/afb0f6cdbd412a7888005de34f86e4a5/download/8171/fullsize/Fanart02.jpg
Kid Rock
http://htbackdrops.org/api/afb0f6cdbd412a7888005de34f86e4a5/download/834/fullsize/kid_rock.jpg
etc
etc

If there's no hits on HTBackdrops it will use the green spotify background. If you only have references to a local .jpg in fanarts.txt, delete fanarts.txt and let XBMC create a new one.

@Jz123: I only made the pull request to your master branch, not the one with the custom installer.
(2013-08-31, 23:35)dodoadoodoo Wrote:

In what sense? You can still share your local library using mysql, if that is your question?

/D

can i share the library containing the albums and stuff from spotify?
(2013-09-02, 07:08)Skank Wrote:
(2013-08-31, 23:35)dodoadoodoo Wrote:

/D

can i share the library containing the albums and stuff from spotify?

Since your albums and stuff are stored in Spotify, they will show up in all your spotify enabled xbmc instances, as long as you use the same spotify user id.

IMHO the integration into the music library is, while entirely useable, not yet fully polished. The seach interface works great though!

/D
How come, its not fully polished? whats wrong?
(2013-09-02, 01:08)Zebbe152 Wrote:
(2013-09-01, 22:10)StefanK Wrote: I assume the update should fix the HTCbackdrops? I still get no fanart though. When I scroll through my spotify-starred albums, the background alternates between 1) spotify-green, 2) black and 3) my music-fallback picture.

I'm not sure if the update Jz123 uploaded contains the fix or not but lets assume that it does...

Check the entries in fanarts.txt. Fanarts.txt is located here: \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\spotify\cache\

It should look like this:

Artist name
URL to fanart

Example:
Code:
New Radicals
http://htbackdrops.org/api/afb0f6cdbd412a7888005de34f86e4a5/download/8171/fullsize/Fanart02.jpg
Kid Rock
http://htbackdrops.org/api/afb0f6cdbd412a7888005de34f86e4a5/download/834/fullsize/kid_rock.jpg
etc
etc

If there's no hits on HTBackdrops it will use the green spotify background. If you only have references to a local .jpg in fanarts.txt, delete fanarts.txt and let XBMC create a new one.

@Jz123: I only made the pull request to your master branch, not the one with the custom installer.

Yeah, I've compiled it with your pull request. Just need to merge it yet on github (did it only locally yet). But I will check soon when I have time for it again. Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
Tested it out and HTBackdrops is working for me fine. Try indeed removing fanarts.txt see if it reloads it.
Deleting fanarts.txt did the trick, it works beautiful now. Thank you!
First of all, I just wanna to say nice work on the integration! It's a pleasure to use, and its great to finally have a polished solution for spotify and a htpc. I would like to make a feature request, I hope its OK that I do that here, thought it better to mention it here first than putting it straight onto the GitHub issues list.

It would be great if there was some way to distinguish between spotify tracks and normal library tracks. Whether that be an icon alongside the listing, or even a different colour. It would also be cool to be able to toggle between libraries, and display them independently, not sure if this could be done using filters eg. Hide Spotify Music, Hide Local Music.

Anyhow, keep up the good work mate, it rocks!

Drew
Has anyone actually changed the Spotify coding since Akezeke?
Are improvements impossible due to Spotify restrictions or "just" difficult to get coded Info XBMC?
(2013-09-07, 03:10)Druski Wrote: First of all, I just wanna to say nice work on the integration! It's a pleasure to use, and its great to finally have a polished solution for spotify and a htpc. I would like to make a feature request, I hope its OK that I do that here, thought it better to mention it here first than putting it straight onto the GitHub issues list.

It would be great if there was some way to distinguish between spotify tracks and normal library tracks. Whether that be an icon alongside the listing, or even a different colour. It would also be cool to be able to toggle between libraries, and display them independently, not sure if this could be done using filters eg. Hide Spotify Music, Hide Local Music.

Anyhow, keep up the good work mate, it rocks!

Drew

(2013-09-07, 12:31)StefanK Wrote: Has anyone actually changed the Spotify coding since Akezeke?
Are improvements impossible due to Spotify restrictions or "just" difficult to get coded Info XBMC?

I think only minor changes to get it working on the latest versions.
And at druski, that is a bit harder becouse i think skins needs to implent that also then.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10