[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.22 Average
Jz123 Offline
(2014-03-05 12:26)StefanK Wrote:  
(2013-11-01 22:34)Jz123 Wrote:  I don't think its worth yet to invest time in it to make it work Tongue Or atleast till the future freeze

I haven't spent time on the Gotham alphas, but I just tested the beta version last night. It seems that streaming (airplay) spotify from IOS7 works again - even with a nice graphic showing what is being streamed.
Now we are just looking forward to an integrated version - will you promise us some more excellent work Jz123 Smile either now or after the final version...

No worries , havent forgot it here Wink Although has to really look into github again how it was working Rofl Also keep in mind i'm not a coder. So to make it work for a new version i'm mayby not the right person. Although i can look into Nod We'll see the final is what i always use Tongue
find quote
tisse Offline
I found an alternative to spotyxbmc.
https://bitbucket.org/re/spotlight/overview

For me this one works better, as it's more stable for me and it can also be used from android remote yatse. But I like the integration of spotify in xbmc better in spotyxbmc...
find quote
Skank Offline
Posting Freak
Since spotify changed its "collection" ... this addon will need a complete rework i think

The music database in xbmc used the "starred" tracks from spotify , right?
But spotify isnt using starred tracks anymore, it now has "your music" featuring albums and artist etc...

I hope we can expect an update ?
find quote
MatLCFC Offline
You can still star tracks within XBMC (Right click) or roll back to old version of Spotify & star tracks as before.

On a different note...

CDART

It's great that Logo & background fanarts are pulled through when playing a track but is there anyway we could get the cdart.png to work?
(Always bugged me that this doesn't work!)

Never understood how XBMC manages to display the correct Artist & Album name but doesn't pull through the cdart.

Is there any way we could use the spotify Album uri:

eg. Artist: Foals, Album: Antidotes
The spotify URI is spotify:album:4FIDNlGVXZ4pCxdMjJXHoE

Just setup a folder 4FIDNlGVXZ4pCxdMjJXHoE & put the cdart in there?

SOMEHOWConfused

Baffles me that people are still making spotify addons... this one just needs continued development. It is the best by far!
(This post was last modified: 2014-06-01 19:05 by MatLCFC.)
find quote
locoguano Offline
Fan
Anyone got this going with Gotham?
find quote