Color Space
Hi, is it possible to change the color space form YUV420P - 4:2:0 ratio to 4:4:4 when playing videos unders windows 7 32bit, ATI 5870 Cat. 9.12 version with the latest XBMC installed? The blacks and whites are not showing properly. If I used Media Browser under Windows MC ..colors seem fine.

Thanks
Can anybody point me to another link or provide input ... or am I asking an invalid question?

Thanks
I dont believe you can change color spacing in XBMC. I have seen it in certain video card control panels. So maybe look in your CC ATI control panel.
Thanks for the input .. I have the ATI driver set to display full range 0-255 colors ...but it looks like the XBMC is only displaying the limited color 16-239 ... I have read various posts regarding this ...but is there no way of specifying somewhere in XMBC to use the full range of colors?

I really like the interface in XMBC but the black & white crush is killing the picture on a 110" projected screen via Sony projector....

Thanks
XBMC outputs 0-255
You'll need to change it in the ATI controls.
I had a silmilar problem when i first built my htpc for Xbmc where the dark scenes at the start of the godfather were basically all black. Go to the ati settings and you the four options along the lines of:
- 4.2.2 YMCA
- 4.4.4 YMCA
- 4,4,4 RGB (Limited Range) <------ This is your problem
- 4.4.4 RGB (Full Range)

I run mine on the last setting. Also if you have auto switching in xbmc enabled to 24p from 60p, you need to change the setting for 24p also by temporarily changing the refresh rate of windows to 24hz and changing the ati control panel settings. then put windows back to 60hz and your colour space will be remembered for both hz.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Color Space0