DTS-HD/True-HD/LPCM over graphic card HDMI 1.3?
liquidskin76 Wrote:Also, yes we can spit the audio out as 5.1/7.1 lpcm however it's gonna be resampled at some stage by the windows mixer, so you're not seeing untouched HD audio.
WASAPI support is working on Windows.
vvcepheus7 Wrote:I Know Smile

Then what is the purpose of this conversation?
Thumbs Up 
Code:
Then what is the purpose of this conversation?

This I know:

natethomas Wrote:Newer ATI graphics cards do not need to do a spdif bridge. They natively support audio, which is how they're able to do 5.1 or 7.1 LPCM sound.

This I know:

If I use powerDVD I can use newer ATI graphics card with audio hd support on blu-ray.

I did not know this:

If I use XBMC with newer ATI graphics card, XBMC don't work with audio hd because ffdshow not suport bitstreaming hd audio or LPCM multichanel.

Also, I did not know that ffdshow team was working in new version craking powerdvd hehe... Big Grin

It's nonsense, forget it. It is for my poor english, sorry Smile

See you!
I'm almost positive XBMC/FFDShow does multichannel PCM via HDMI since I've encoded all of my Blurays to Multi-channel 5.1/7.1 FLAC which is then piped through my ATi 4670 to my Denon.
nathanjones Wrote:I'm almost positive XBMC/FFDShow does multichannel PCM via HDMI since I've encoded all of my Blurays to Multi-channel 5.1/7.1 FLAC which is then piped through my ATi 4670 to my Denon.

XBMC does handle multi channel FLAC, TrueHD and DTS-HD in videos via FFMPEG. The only real issues are that FFMPEG only decodes the lossy DTS core of the DTS-HD streams and not the additional lossless information (from what I've read it's due to lack of any real documentation on the format) and that XBMC currently downsamples 24 and 32 bit audio sources to 16 bits in it's internal audio path before it ever hits the ALSA/DS/WASAPI/CoreAudio systems.
i don't think 24bit vs 16bit is anything worth writing home about, as it would only affect you if you had volume really high.

i may be wrong though!
neil.j1983 Wrote:i don't think 24bit vs 16bit is anything worth writing home about, as it would only affect you if you had volume really high.

i may be wrong though!
Ok, frankly when you start talking about DTS-MA and Dolby True HD you either get everything perfect or you might as well listen to DTS Core at 1536. MP3s can be perceptually transparent at around 192kbps for people with golden ears and even lower for regular people. Do we need anything more? Who knows... I know that if I save a 24/96 audio track or DVD-Audio rip I surely do *not* want XBMC to downsample it. There's already crap like PowerDVD and TMT doing that, thanks.
I can't comment on how different a 1.5Mbps core DTS and a DTS-MA track might be, but if you listen to the opening of Cars with DD, and then switch on-the-fly to TrueHD, I gotta say, there seems to be a rather huge difference. Even my wife can hear it...and she's usually the first person who starts rolling her eyes when I start babbling technospeak. Smile

I figure I've spent all this money on a decent home theatre system, I might as well get the best out of it.
nathan, the problem is that you are not doing a comparison in a controlled environment. And I'm not talking about you, your wife or your room. What we don't know is how the TrueHD and DD soundtracks have been mastered. If it's a huge difference I would be ready to bet some serious money that the mastering process has not been the same.

Louder mastering usually trumps everything in terms of immediately perceived quality, for instance. Even a couple of db can make a serious difference.

I'm not saying that if you have the equipment you should not aim for the top (actually, I wrote previously exactly the opposite) but huge differences... I'm always skeptic, very much so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD/True-HD/LPCM over graphic card HDMI 1.3?0