Connecting external USB HDD to ATV
Im sure this is a recurring question that has been answered before but I can't find a thread with the search function. Just installed the Broadcom card and updated the software. Now Im trying to connect my USB HDD to enjoy some 1080p movies. Do I have to do something for the HDD to show up under video? It's a fat32 disc.
How did you manage to copy HD files on a FAT32 partition? Do you only have files with a size less than 4GB?
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Yes that's right. Could that be the issue? That it's a FAT disc?
that IS definitely an issue - fat32 can only hold files <= 4gb.
preppie Wrote:Im sure this is a recurring question that has been answered before but I can't find a thread with the search function.

Maybe this one:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=fat32

And this wiki article:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=USB_Mass_Sto...C_for_Xbox

(should also apply to apple TV in concerns of file system support)
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Ok, thanks for your answers but the main question is still why I can't find the drive. All the files on the hdd is smaller than 4gb so that shouldnt be a problem here. The problem is that I thought that I could connect a usbdrive and then it would show up as an external drive in xbmc.
preppie Wrote:Ok, thanks for your answers but the main question is still why I can't find the drive. All the files on the hdd is smaller than 4gb so that shouldnt be a problem here. The problem is that I thought that I could connect a usbdrive and then it would show up as an external drive in xbmc.

Is this on ATV or OSX? if its ATV did you install HDD support? NitoTV smart installer?

Zeljko
Sorry, was a bit vague. This is in ATV. Installed Nito yesterday but couldnt find the HDD option.
preppie Wrote:Sorry, was a bit vague. This is in ATV. Installed Nito yesterday but couldnt find the HDD option.

Google for "Smart Installer on NitoTv". that will install all necessary kexts for HDD support.

Zeljko

EDIT: Moved this to off-topic as it has nothing to do with XBMC
Thanks, will give it a go!
Hazelnice Wrote:Well, fat32 can only hold files <= 4gb.

So, in order to read from an usb pen, you have to do the smart update under nitoTV, and the pen have to be formatted fat32, that can carry files less than 4Gb.... So, for a normal hd movie, you have to split it up chunks less than 4Gb and then put them in the pen.

Is it correct?

How can you split mkvs under osx?
superanima Wrote:So, in order to read from an usb pen, you have to do the smart update under nitoTV, and the pen have to be formatted fat32, that can carry files less than 4Gb.... So, for a normal hd movie, you have to split it up chunks less than 4Gb and then put them in the pen.

Is it correct?

How can you split mkvs under osx?

You can just format it as HFS Extended under OSX, it will then accept files bigger than 4Gb.

Zeljko

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connecting external USB HDD to ATV0