• 8(current)
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2.5 and ATV XBMC nightlies released
applemac34 Wrote:Ok, so I need before to update my launcher Confused
Do you know how to do this?

same menu you found 9.11 in, the one that says "Launcher 3.2.5"
Amet Wrote:same menu you found 9.11 in, the one that says "Launcher 3.2.5"

Ok, my launcher is up to date. But I can't see last 10.0. I have only XBMC 9.11 available.
applemac34 Wrote:Ok, my launcher is up to date. But I can't see last 10.0. I have only XBMC 9.11 available.

http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launch...urls.plist

do you see 10.0 in there? if not, your ISP is caching it
Download XBMC for Mac: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/osx/xbmc-10.0.dmg

Mount frontrow, and replace the XBMC.app in the Applications folder

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
@jpf thanks for posting instructions. I'm running Confluence installed back in March and never had a problem. Have not updated my first gen ATV since 2009 when I first patchstick installed Boxee/XBMC. I use Fugu to transfer vids from my Intel iMac OSX 10.6.5.
I looked in my apps folder in frontrow with Fugu and see XBMC.
-can I continue using whatever ATV version is currently installed ?
-do I then remove the current Confluence XBMC and then use the 3.25 launcher and replace/install 10.0 ?
Thank you in advance.
MrHipster Wrote:@jpf thanks for posting instructions. I'm running Confluence installed back in March and never had a problem. Have not updated my first gen ATV since 2009 when I first patchstick installed Boxee/XBMC. I use Fugu to transfer vids from my Intel iMac OSX 10.6.5.
I looked in my apps folder in frontrow with Fugu and see XBMC.
-can I continue using whatever ATV version is currently installed ?
-do I then remove the current Confluence XBMC and then use the 3.25 launcher and replace/install 10.0 ?
Thank you in advance.

I am not sure I undersand:
1-Confluence is the default skin for XBMC and cannot be removed. It cannot be removed, it can only be changed by installing new skins.

2-If you already have Launcher 3.2.5, you should see Dharma 10.0 in the Downloads section, just download and install from there.

3-You did not mention nitoTV or SoftwareMenu but you should have both. If you do, use SoftwareMenu to check for 3rd party updates and install them. Using nitoTV, use the SmartInstaller and after that, you could use Finder > Go > Connect to server... and use afp:appletv.local to mount frontrow on your desktop. By doing that, you won't need Fugu anymore and it is MUCH faster.

4-When asking for help, you should mention the version of everything important Wink

Running Kodi 18.9
this is a Luncher 3.2.5 thread, lets keep it on topic please
Amet Wrote:this is a Luncher 3.2.5 thread, lets keep it on topic please

absolutely correct, sorry

Running Kodi 18.9
Sorry if I'm on the "wrong" thread, but I'm trying to understand how to use 3.25 to install the latest XBMC, Dharma. I have not installed XBMC since about 18 months ago, and being over 65, my memory is not as sharp as you as to how to upgrade from whatever XBMC I have with Confluence to the latest, and whether I can do so without upgrading my 1st gen ATV software from 18 months ago.
I came onto this thread by Googling how to upgrade, and landed on this part of the thread, and JPF was kind enough to be offering advice that old guys like me can understand. Thank you in advance for your understanding and advice, and if there is somewhere else that I should be where someone like JPF gives ez to follow instructions.
MrHipster Wrote:Sorry if I'm on the "wrong" thread, but I'm trying to understand how to use 3.25 to install the latest XBMC, Dharma. I have not installed XBMC since about 18 months ago, and being over 65, my memory is not as sharp as you as to how to upgrade from whatever XBMC I have with Confluence to the latest, and whether I can do so without upgrading my 1st gen ATV software from 18 months ago.
I came onto this thread by Googling how to upgrade, and landed on this part of the thread, and JPF was kind enough to be offering advice that old guys like me can understand. Thank you in advance for your understanding and advice, and if there is somewhere else that I should be where someone like JPF gives ez to follow instructions.

I have no issue with anyone helping you Smile all I am saying that it should be kept to the topic out of curtesy to the original poster

If you have 3.2.5 you should be able to see Dharma 10.0 in Download section. are you not seeing it?
You are right ! (Google brought me to this exact part of what I see now is a 12 page thread - sorry)
JPF was kind enough to contact me directly and was extremely helpful.
Thanks your help. I do see Dharma 10.0. But one last question that I forgot
to ask JPF: I see 3.25, but do I need to click on it first ? or just click on Dharma 10.0 ?
Thank you.
MrHipster Wrote:I see 3.25, but do I need to click on it first ? or just click on Dharma 10.0 ?
Thank you.

In the off chance that yours is not 3.2.5, yes do it and then Dharma

Running Kodi 18.9
MrHipster Wrote:You are right ! (Google brought me to this exact part of what I see now is a 12 page thread - sorry)
JPF was kind enough to contact me directly and was extremely helpful.
Thanks your help. I do see Dharma 10.0. But one last question that I forgot
to ask JPF: I see 3.25, but do I need to click on it first ? or just click on Dharma 10.0 ?
Thank you.

glad that you have sorted it out, enjoy Dharma Smile
MaestroDD Wrote:Here's how to add it to your existing ones:
Code:
ssh [email protected]
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist

Sorry to be a noob but how do I remove this plist entry? Searched and googled with no luck.

Thanks,
Scott
Try the 8th post in this thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69321
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2.5 and ATV XBMC nightlies released0