• 1(current)
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2.5 and ATV XBMC nightlies released
Thumbs Up 
Launcher 3.2.5 should be available via Laucher->Downloads.

changelog:
3.2.4:
- This is only a minor update to support the new aluminum remote's Play button.
3.2.5:
- fixed bug where filename could not be figured out for some downloads

But there's a bit more for those who like to live on the edge:
If you haven't read the great news about our buildbots and mirrors now is the time to do so. The benefit for ATV users is another place to get fresh nightly builds.
Remember, those builds are not very well tested and might burn your ATV, crash your TV etc.. To get them, you'll need to add an additional update source to Launcher. Check 'defaults --help' on how to do it.

Here's how to add it to your existing ones:
Code:
ssh [email protected]
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist

If you find quirks, crashes, etc, make sure to read "HOW-TO post about a XBMC for Mac or Apple TV problem in a useful manner" before reporting issues.
Thanks!

EDIT1: (re)updated to 3.2.4
EDIT2: updated to 3.2.5

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sweet!!! I will try this tonight Smile Thanks for the update!
Excellent Smile

Are these builds built with crystalhd support?
Quick newb question: do the official nightlies currently support CrystalHD?

EDIT: Prae5 beat me to it Big Grin
Yes, CrystalHD is built in.

TheUni
Thanks, I was looking for this.
Thanks a lot for the new release of this excellent tool.

I wonder if it is possible to use launcher to add other apps than XBMC and Boxee. I'm thinking of Firefox. I know that there are other tools around to launch, but the idea is to add only one entry in the main appletv menu.
old white remote is working without any issues ?
raydevos Wrote:[...]
I wonder if it is possible to use launcher to add other apps than XBMC and Boxee. I'm thinking of Firefox. I know that there are other tools around to launch, but the idea is to add only one entry in the main appletv menu.

In it's current instance it can only be hacked in with some knowledge and/or interest in playing with such stuff Wink see Info.plist in /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents/

Launcher is kind of prepared to manage/start other apps, so if you wanna do some obj-c coding, send me a PM.

cheers,
mdd

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
I just finished setting up my Apple TV, but I can't get the XBMC nightlies to show up under Launcher -> Downloads. I entered in the aforementioned command, went to Settings, then Downloads, but nothing. I also tried rebooting. I can see the value was successfully saved:
Code:
bash-2.05b# defaults read com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher
{
    XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs = ("http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist");
}
Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I'm running Launcher 3.2.2 on Apple TV 3.0.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure why using the `defaults` command didn't work for me, but here's how I added it manually to the /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents/Info.plist file:
Code:
sudo -s
cd /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/Contents/
cp Info.plist Info.plist.orig
awk -F'[/.]' '{ print $0; if ($9 == "update_urls") { print "                                <string>http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist</string>"; } }' Info.plist.orig > Info.plist
I rebooted and my SVN releases showed up. If anyone knows the correct way to fix this, please let me know! In the meantime, I'm rocking some Crystal HD success Wink
adufresne Wrote:I just finished setting up my Apple TV, but I can't get the XBMC nightlies to show up under Launcher -> Downloads. I entered in the aforementioned command, went to Settings, then Downloads, but nothing. I also tried rebooting. I can see the value was successfully saved:
Code:
{
    XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs = ("http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist");
}
Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I'm running Launcher 3.2.2 on Apple TV 3.0.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

strange. Need to see console.log after entering Launcher->Downloads.

MaestroDD Wrote:strange. Need to see console.log after entering Launcher->Downloads.
console.log

I thought about posting this earlier, but it didn't seem to be updating and there was no hint regarding the additional download URLs:
Code:
2010-01-20 17:39:50.846 Finder[233] [DEBUG] -[XBMCUpdateController initWithURLs:]
2010-01-20 17:39:50.900 Finder[233] [DEBUG] Adding downloads from URL: http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/svn/tags/ul-info/update_urls.plist
2010-01-20 17:39:51.200 Finder[233] [DEBUG] -[XBMCUpdateController controlWasActivated]
The timestamps were all 17:00, and by the time I had reached this point it was around 20:00. Maybe I didn't put it in to the appropriate debug mode?
adufresne Wrote:console.log

I thought about posting this earlier, but it didn't seem to be updating and there was no hint regarding the additional download URLs

Thanks fot the update. If console.log isn't updated anymore, you can (at least most of the time) fix it by restarting Finder (ps aux | grep Finder -> kill PID).

Here's what my 'defaults' says:
Code:
-bash-2.05b$ defaults read com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher

{
}

Some hints why those are not picked up by Launcher:
- Launcher version < 3.1(?); current one should definitely work
- wrong user? Did you add additional users on your ATV?

cheers,
mdd

adufresne Wrote:I just finished setting up my Apple TV, but I can't get the XBMC nightlies to show up under Launcher -> Downloads. I entered in the aforementioned command, went to Settings, then Downloads, but nothing. I also tried rebooting. I can see the value was successfully saved:
Code:
{
}

try entering the nightlies information as a normal (frontrow) user instead of the root user.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2.5 and ATV XBMC nightlies released0