• 2(current)
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2.5 and ATV XBMC nightlies released
Genius! That was it. I forgot to drop back to frontrow before adding it. Whoops! Works great now, thank you.
I have a slightly modified keymap file.
Every time I do a nightly install the file gets clobbered.
( it's in /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/keymaps)
Is there anyway to stop the joystick.AppleRemote.xml file from having to be re-uploaded after every update?
Hello,

I am suddenly havings problems with the Launcher -> Downloads on the ATV. Launching XBMC/Boxee from the Launcher works but when I drill down to the Launcher Downloads, i can see the download plists including the new SVN buildbot but when I press select on any item in the list, nothing happens. The ATV IR light flickers but nothing happens and nothing is downloaded.

This was working fine with the older sshsc site for months, but suddenly it has stopped working since the first week of the new year. It seems it can not update any of the installer scripts. The new Buildbot was added from user frontrow and not from root.

Code:
-bash-2.05b$ defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist
-bash-2.05b$ defaults read com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher                            
{
    XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs = ("http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/update_urls.plist");
}

Thanks for any help

Console Log.
http://pastebin.com/f1f404192

ATV OS v 2.3
XBMC Launcher v3.2.2 or 3.2.1 (i don't recall if 3.2.2 updated successfully)
yzeyze Wrote:I have a slightly modified keymap file.
Every time I do a nightly install the file gets clobbered.
( it's in /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/keymaps)
Is there anyway to stop the joystick.AppleRemote.xml file from having to be re-uploaded after every update?

sure, move joystick.AppleRemote.xml to ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/ and modify it there.

'~/.../Application Support/XBMC/' isn't touched on updates...

HTH,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi pender,

pender Wrote:Hello,

I am suddenly havings problems with the Launcher -> Downloads on the ATV. Launching XBMC/Boxee from the Launcher works but when I drill down to the Launcher Downloads, i can see the download plists including the new SVN buildbot but when I press select on any item in the list, nothing happens. The ATV IR light flickers but nothing happens and nothing is downloaded.

This was working fine with the older sshsc site for months, but suddenly it has stopped working since the first week of the new year. It seems it can not update any of the installer scripts. The new Buildbot was added from user frontrow and not from root.
[..]

strange:
Code:
2010-01-24 18:30:12.095 Finder[136] [ERROR] Could not save update script to /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads/xbmc-nightly_update.download/xbmc-nightly_update.sh

Seems there are permission issues. Does deleting XBMCLauncher's cache folder (rm -rf /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads) help?

cheers,
mdd

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
MaestroDD Wrote:Seems there are permission issues. Does deleting XBMCLauncher's cache folder (rm -rf /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/XBMCLauncherDownloads) help?
mdd

Thanks, but unfortunately it did not work and I get the same error in the console log. I rebooted after clearing cache before attempting as well.

Also, I am using ATV OS 2.2 instead of 2.3 if that helps. I would normally just do a factory restore but I can not find a USB drive that will work with patchstick. I also can't seems to find a guide for manually installing it as well because i remember once reading you could just download the installer script and run it from shell, but no luck finding it Smile

Thanks again
Hey pender,
pender Wrote:Thanks, but unfortunately it did not work and I get the same error in the console log. I rebooted after clearing cache before attempting as well.
[..]
Something's messed up! Wink

What owner/permissions are set on those folders? (-> ls -la /Users/frontrow/Library/Caches/)
Tried changing them to frontrow:frontrow and o+w?

Yes,

The XBMCLauncherDownloads cache on my ATV was not a Directory but some corrupt file instead. All is now well.

Code:
-bash-2.05b$ mv XBMCLauncherDownloads XBMCLauncherDownloads.bak
-bash-2.05b$ mkdir XBMCLauncherDownloads
-bash-2.05b$ chmod o+w XBMCLauncherDownloads
-bash-2.05b$ ls -la
total 34936
drwx------   18 frontrow  frontrow       612 Jan 21 16:32 Finder
drwxr-xr-x    3 frontrow  frontrow       102 Jan 21 16:45 QuickTime
-rw-r--r--    1 frontrow  frontrow       339 Jan 21 00:05 ResumeData
drwxr-xrwx    2 frontrow  frontrow        68 Jan 25 18:09 XBMCLauncherDownloads
-rw-r--rw-    1 frontrow  frontrow  17882894 Jan 20 16:24 XBMCLauncherDownloads.bak

Thank you mdd.
pender Wrote:Yes,

The XBMCLauncherDownloads cache on my ATV was not a Directory but some corrupt file instead. All is now well.
[...]

cool, glad it works now.

hi i am new. and i had upgrade my apple TV to 3.0.1 and i manage to create my patchstick and my apple tv is now boxee able but xbmc is unable to work as the 55.8mb file just refuse to get install and my launcher is 3.2.1 please help
keihin23 Wrote:hi i am new. and i had upgrade my apple TV to 3.0.1 and i manage to create my patchstick and my apple tv is now boxee able but xbmc is unable to work as the 55.8mb file just refuse to get install and my launcher is 3.2.1 please help

I'd update to Launcher 3.2.2 and try again. If it still doesn't work, please post console.log

MaestroDD

Was having the same launcher update problem (not downloading). Your instructions put me on the right track. I seemed to have no download folder, I made one set permissions and voila I can update again.

Craig
Hey Craig,

iscraigh Wrote:MaestroDD

Was having the same launcher update problem (not downloading). Your instructions put me on the right track. I seemed to have no download folder, I made one set permissions and voila I can update again.

Craig

thanks for the info.
Any ideas what might have caused the problem? I think we're using pretty much standard OS X stuff here (cache folder for temp items etc.). What patchstick did you use? Any other (manual) installs?

keihin23 Wrote:hi i am new. and i had upgrade my apple TV to 3.0.1 and i manage to create my patchstick and my apple tv is now boxee able but xbmc is unable to work as the 55.8mb file just refuse to get install and my launcher is 3.2.1 please help

updated to launcher 3.2.2 but and updated the plists. able to download the xbmc but it fail with an error message Sad
interesting

any feedback so far on how reliable the install and going back to 9.11 is ?

I assumme the library doesnt get deleted - how about skins, settings, skripts ?

Is there any good place to see the major new features of the nightly builds compared to 9.11 ?

thanks
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.2.5 and ATV XBMC nightlies released0