How to manually add missing Movie Information
Hello,

New XBMC user as far as using it in Windows goes, used it for XBox ages ago, but really happy with it so far.

Had a few questions to get my database perfect as far as Movie Information goes.

1) If you switch scrappers, and then do an update, does it rescrape (I don't think it does) with the new scrapper. Or would you need to individually go into each movie and Refresh? Is it possible to use 2 scrappers and pull data if it is missing from one from the other?

2) How can you manually add missing information? Do you need to put it into a .nfo, that gets read once and then added to the database. And then you can remove the .nfo? Was hoping you could just add it via XBMC, put don't think that is possible.

3) Is manually editing the database a good idea to add this info?

One small thing that bugs me is the Duration, sometimes it is just the number (100) other times it includes the min (100 min). Would like to clean it all up.

Thanks!
Bump!

I am in the same shoes as you and would like to know more about manually editing the movies. I need to add missing info and trailers and such. Also it would be nice to correct errors as well.

Also, I wish there was a safe way to centralize the database on my windows home server so all the computers in the house would mirror the movie information.

I am new to xbmc so bear with me. I have been messing around with several media center apps like boxee and such and I keep coming back to xbmc. I have been searching here and google and I can't seem to find relevant up to date answers.
If you are using themoviedb as your scraper you can edit the tmdb pages directly to fill in the gaps. These will then be reflected in your library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to manually add missing Movie Information0