Music *All Artists
Hi Hitch,

If from home screen I push down on music and select artists I get to browse all my music artists without having the *All Artists option there.

If I select genre and then select a genre I get the *All Artists option there.

My question is this.. As music artists can br browsed without the *All Artists option there would it be possible to have an option to remove *All Artists from all lists. Also remove *All Albums.

If it is possible but you do not want to add this to the actual skin then could you point me in the right direction where I could find the code for this myself to remove it.

Thanks
Sounds like you've got 'Show Parent Folder Items' enabled.
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Advanced...library.3E
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hitcher Wrote:Sounds like you've got 'Show Parent Folder Items' enabled.

Nah mate its not Parent folder its the *All Artists
sho Wrote:http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Advanced...library.3E

Cheers Sho mate that sorted it Smile

EDIT : are no I was looking at wrong thing.. Where actually would I need to put the

<hideallitems>true</hideallitems>

line?

EDIT EDIT : LOL ignore this I should have read whole page correctly Wink
Sho could I just check with you...

Does this look right?

<advancedsettings>
<musiclibrary>
<hideallitems>true</hideallitems> <!-- removes the "*All" items from the music library -->
</musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>

It does not seem to work.
Ah yes, I set that up so long ago I forgot about it.
OK my bad it works a treat Smile For ages now I have been running xbmc on tiny xp with userdata in my prog files\blah\blah

4 days ago I did a clean install and testing out windows 7 ( so much better than xp with xbmc ) and forgot about userdata being in Users\blah\AppData\Roaming\xbmc\userdata\ Smile
This may be an easy question to answer, but I created an advancedsettings.xml as well, but XBMC seems to be ignoring it. This is all I want to do:

Code:
<videolibrary>
  <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
  <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>
<musiclibrary>
</musiclibrary>

Any help would be much appreciated! My file is located in the userdata folder. I notice that there is no all music folder when in Artists, but when I go to recent albums, or anything like that the pesky Music folder is there. Also the Recently added movies remains at 25 instead of 50 like I would like. Please help!
I love my Mac Mini :;):
Try this -
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
</videolibrary>
<musiclibrary>
</musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>
UnisonRuss Wrote:This may be an easy question to answer, but I created an advancedsettings.xml as well, but XBMC seems to be ignoring it. This is all I want to do:

Code:
<videolibrary>
</videolibrary>
<musiclibrary>
</musiclibrary>

Any help would be much appreciated! My file is located in the userdata folder.

Check you have placed the file in the correct place. I made this mistake a minute ago. I put it in teh UserData in my Prograjm Files\xbmc\ install dir.. Check if you have ( and to do this you need to set windows explorer options to show hidden files etc )

User\Your user account\AppData\Roaming\xbmc\UserData\

its something else under xp
Thank you for the fast reply, but it still doesn't work. I restarted XBMC but no changes seem to be in effect.

And to make sure the file is in the right place I have it in: Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata (I'm running Mac OS X)
UnisonRuss Wrote:Thank you for the fast reply, but it still doesn't work. I restarted XBMC but no changes seem to be in effect.

And to make sure the file is in the right place I have it in: Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata (I'm running Mac OS X)

Did you notice Hitches post... He has probably spotted your problem you left out the advancedsettings headers.. Its the post before mine.

Hitcher Wrote:Try this -
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
</videolibrary>
<musiclibrary>
</musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>
EDIT: Aha got it working! I think I was saving the file wrong (I was saving it as Work XML, but the other XML files were encoded with something different ...I opened up the favorites.xml, replaced the settings provided by Hitcher, then saved it as advancedsettings. Worked like a charm. Cheers for the help guys Smile
UnisonRuss Wrote:I did use the updated post by Hitcher, but it isn't working.

3 things I can think of.

1 - Check the file name is definatly "advancedsettings.xml"

2 - check if you have another \xbmc\UserData\ Directory anywhere on you mac.

3 - check in the docs that mac actually uses this file. I wouldnt know this never used xbmc on mac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music *All Artists0