• 42(current)
[RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV)
(2023-09-16, 23:14)MariePer Wrote: I still fail to see anything that could be breaching SVT agreements.

Considering all other (political) crape and scams Google/YouTube refuses to remove on request from the stakeholder it is fashinating to see how chivalry they uphold (sic) SVT's rights here when not asked to... 
I'd love to see a comment from SVT on this particular case.

Exactly MairePer! Of all the hate mongering, child exploiting, Tide POD ingesting, copyright infringing, defamatory libel on YouTube, they decide that my little how-to video which doesn't even involve a 3rd party Kodi repository violates SVTs fair use and so therefore they must take it down and give me a "warning". While I appreciate them looking out for Sweden's public TV provider, which I adore and regard as a model for public broadcasting, YouTube is simply in the wrong here.

As for what SVT had to say, I wrote to them and asked them if the video violates their fair use. The response was a boilerplate full of "we can't give legal advice".
Quote:Thanks for reaching out but we don't offer any kind of legal counselling. If you have any dubts about violating our legal terms you should contact a legal Counceller. 

My response was: "SVT has now had the opportunity to view the video. I will consider your lack of response as an indication that the video does not violate SVTs legal terms and is indeed in accordance."

To which their response was:
Quote:No that's the wrong interpretation. I wrote: Thanks for reaching out but we don't offer any kind of legal counselling. If you have any dubts about violating our legal terms you should contact a legal Counceller.

So first they tell me my interpretation is wrong. Then they copy and paste the exact same text which led me to that interpretation in the first place! Unbelievable. And I'm sure these organizations have people with university degrees in "communications" who are answering their email.

My final response: "Sorry for the miscommunication. It is evident that SVT is not in the business of providing legal counsel. That is not what I am asking for. I simply wanted to know if SVT has any thing to say regarding the use of media players such as Kodi which enable the viewing of content provided by SVT Play. As for my own legal counsel, the best advice would be to contact the content provider directly and ask, which is what I have done. Thank you."
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV)8