• 26(current)
[RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV)
Since latest update svtplay has stopped working - keep getting script failed. Sad

XBMC (13.2 Git:0f3db05). Platform: x86 Linux 64-bit
Running on Linux 64-bit (OpenELEC (official) - Version: 4.2.1, 3.16.3 x86_64)
@adsasdgasdgasdg - I think all of us got the same problem. I tried to go back a version with same script error, so I guess SVT Play made some changes. First Categories stopped working which was fixed, and now the whole lot

@Kapaya

This thread is for SVT play (SVT1 och SVT 2).

The only addon I know that relates to what you ask for is TV3 Play. TV3, 6, 8, 10, but it is not live.

To install this add-on you must do so from the Add-on manager from within XBMC by going to:
1 Settings
2 Add-ons
3 Get add-ons
4 XBMC.org Add-ons
5 Video Add-ons
6 TV3 Play
7 Install
I'm also having the same issues.

Example:

Code:
19:37:21 T:140085198747392   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/default.py", line 364, in <module>
                                                viewEpisodes(ARG_URL)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/default.py", line 172, in viewEpisodes
                                                episodes = svt.getEpisodes(url)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/resources/lib/svt.py", line 280, in getEpisodes
                                                return getArticles(SECTION_EPISODES, url)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.svtplay/resources/lib/svt.py", line 329, in getArticles
                                                ret = "href")[0]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:37:21 T:140085709825856   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.svtplay/?mode=pr&url=%2fdox
19:37:21 T:140085709825856   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.svtplay/?mode=pr&url=%2fdox) failed
19:37:21 T:140085198747392  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Fortunately you can still use the xot "xbmc online tv" to watch svt play.
OK, just commited a fix for that problem in my fork: https://github.com/kokangit/xbmc-svtplay...ources/lib
Just copy svt.py to your addon.
Apple TV2 running XBMC Gotham beta
Thank you kokangit
(2014-10-16, 19:50)kokangit Wrote: OK, just commited a fix for that problem in my fork: https://github.com/kokangit/xbmc-svtplay...ources/lib

sweet! many thanks, this fixed my errors! Big Grin
(2014-10-16, 21:18)adsasdgasdgasdg Wrote:
(2014-10-16, 19:50)kokangit Wrote: OK, just commited a fix for that problem in my fork: https://github.com/kokangit/xbmc-svtplay...ources/lib

sweet! many thanks, this fixed my errors! Big Grin

+1

Thanks! works great! Smile
I have a recent problem with video playback freezing on my Raspbmc. Sometimes it buffers for a while and then resumes, but eventually the plugin crashes. Downloaded the updated svt.py and copied it to "..\pi\.xbmc\addons\plugin.video.svtplay\resources\lib\" (using smb from my win.pc) overwriting the existing svt.py. Restarted raspbmc and the SVT-Play plugin, but got a scripting error. Had to reload 4.0.8 to get it running again, but of course the freezing problem is still there.

Tried xbmc-SVT-Play on my windows machine, but video still freezes (takes a while longer before it happens though). As a reference to verify my internet/local network performance, I have no problem playing SVT-Play using the browser in my win.pc nor from the Android app.

1) Did I copy svt.py to the correct dir? (should it be ..\.xbmc-current\..?)
2) What about the existing svt.pyc? (delete?)
3) I activated debug in the plugin settings. Where can I find the output file?
4) The "Öppet arkiv" plugin suffers the same problem. Replace svt.py there too?
Can i ask WHAT are they doing at SVT? Why does this my favorite addon have this problem? Smile

Why are they chaning stuff all the time?
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
Well SVT is updating their site all the time, possibly to make it "cooler" and also to make it suited for tablets and such, I guess.
So software that relies on parsing specific stuff in a specific webpage will have trouble whenever these changes are published.
As an example I have had my Pi running 24/7 for a few months and lately I could not even get a listing of stuff available on SVTplay.
So a few days ago I plugged in a keyboard and a mouse into the Pi and restarted it in order for it to update itself.
Which it also did, but it took a loooong time.
But now I am again able to list the available programs alphabetically (which normally is the only function I use).

As long as SVTplay does not publish a non-varying API for people who want to code for their site there is nothing else one can do than wait for the plugin author to jump to the change and modify his plugin....

BTW, I asked SVT for an API earlier this year but they said that was not in their plans. Sad
Bo Berglund
Sweden

Hi

Tried this but maybe i did not know where to put it. I have a TLBB that runs XBMC/KODI and i replaced the file that was named the same in :

root/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.svtplay

Is that right?
If so it did not work. Smile
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
The svt.py replacement file did work until yesterday or something but since then SVT has done some more changes so now it is broken again.
(2014-10-29, 21:02)pezlin Wrote: The svt.py replacement file did work until yesterday or something but since then SVT has done some more changes so now it is broken again.

Typically ?
@Todde and Pezlin: Are you guys having the same problems as I describe in my post above?
@Pezlin: Where exactly did you put the svt.py file?
OUCH!
On the 27th I updated my RASPBMC system by restarting it and then when it was all done I visited SVTplay and was greeted by a working add-on!
The alphabetical list actually showed a number of programs. The SVTplay add-on shows version 4.0.8 on my system.

Now I tested again after reading the above and now the add-on is no longer working. There is a message about a script error when I try to list the different episodes below a certain series name and nothing else happens....

So it really looks like they have broken their site for XBMC again. Sad
Bo Berglund
Sweden
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV)8