• 32(current)
[RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV)
Well, the Firefox add-on for flash is activated by you clicking a link on the webpage you have loaded and can view...
OTOH the add-on tries to get rid of all the crud and only display a list of the links to the available shows, and because SVT constantly changes the webpage coding it is an uphill battle trying to find the correct keys etc for extraction.
Have you loaded SVTPlay in a browser and then "view page source"?
Just the start page is 7475 lines long and mostly sports javascript and similar code. Sad
I have my sympathies for the guy maintaining the Kodi plugin for this site!
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Well, the problem is not with the parsing of the page, the problem is with the actual playback of the stream.

I'm not going to argue this point anymore, as I understand that it's irrelevant to solving the issue.

I'm just sad that SVT won't help out with this stuff Sad
Strange issues lately.

From what I can figure out, if i stream an episode like "Vetenskapens Värld" on my Raspberry Pi 2 (running OSMC) the stream freezes from time to time for a few seconds up to like a minute before the stream continues to play.
Now, if I look at the same episode on a Windows PC with IE11 I can see small glitches in the picture right in time where the stream freezes on Raspberry Pi 2.

To me it feels that Raspberry Pi or Kodi cant handle these glitches or lets say bad data in the stream.

I there something to do to get around these freezes?
(2015-05-05, 02:28)castalla Wrote: The alphabetical programme listing no longer works .....

I've sent a pull request to OP that fixes this.
This xbmc-oppetarkiv, does that plugin work on Raspberry Pi?
https://github.com/khoda/xbmc-oppetarkiv
(2015-08-31, 21:05)toxaris Wrote: This xbmc-oppetarkiv, does that plugin work on Raspberry Pi?
https://github.com/khoda/xbmc-oppetarkiv
That plugin hasn't been updated in two years. I tried it and it doesn't work. Would you like Öppet Arkiv to be added to this plugin?
As above said, with the addition that you can pretty safely assume that any hardware able to run Kodi as such, will also run any/almost any addon built for Kodi.

Retrospect
includes Öppet arkiv in its range of channels. Slightly limited functionality, for example most/all channels lack a search function, but at least a way to get Öppet arkiv on Kodi.

A few more steps to install than SVTPlay, you download a zipfile, use the "Install from addon from zipfile" function in Kodi to install the file (saved locally or on network drive), which in turn makes Retrospect show up in the list of available addons for download (under video addons). Then choose install all channels and the rest is downloaded and installed. The suite comes with a range of european channels, but most geolocked, so best is to go to settings and choose which languages/countries you dont want to see the channels for. I chose to turn all but Swedish off.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
(2015-07-23, 22:15)toxaris Wrote: Strange issues lately.

From what I can figure out, if i stream an episode like "Vetenskapens Värld" on my Raspberry Pi 2 (running OSMC) the stream freezes from time to time for a few seconds up to like a minute before the stream continues to play.
Now, if I look at the same episode on a Windows PC with IE11 I can see small glitches in the picture right in time where the stream freezes on Raspberry Pi 2.

To me it feels that Raspberry Pi or Kodi cant handle these glitches or lets say bad data in the stream.

I have the same issues on my openelec intel nu setup, it just does not want to play certain files... Are there any ideas on how to fix that?
(2015-07-23, 22:15)toxaris Wrote: Strange issues lately.

I can confirm this. Running Kodi 16 beta 1 now, but it was the same on 15. I'm on a zbox nano with a quad-core i5, so the hardware ought not to be the problem. Sometimes everything works fine, but some days it's almost impossible to watch svt play at all. Same episodes work perfectly fine in the browser (Firefox) on my laptop. What I notice there though is that it's sometimes really bad bitrate. Could it be the case that the Kodi plugin simply doesn't handle shifting down to a lower bitrate if it doesn't get the stream in enough good rate?

/Daniel
Is it possible to filter out programs that are not available from abroad?

(yes I know there's workarounds like VPN)
I am having a general problem with the plugin not displaying the latest shows, spcifically the new broadcasts. This is irrespective of how I navigate to the clip, through the Latest News; Favorites; A-Ö etc.

Double-checking through the official android app and browsing from the PC reveals the expected clips to be on the SVTPlay.

Does the plugin cache information, or is it real-time when navigating to a clip?
If cached information, is there a way to force a refresh? If real-time, something must be broken as the plugin does not get the same result as other alternatives does.

Running OSMC_TGT_rbp2_20151027.img and newly installed SVT Plugin.
Broken after svt updated site :-( hope its easy to fix
(2015-12-15, 18:11)CosyCat Wrote: Broken after svt updated site :-( hope its easy to fix

Not everything is broken?! Just watched the news and it worked.

Hate when they update and this add on stops working. Everyday when I come home I watch the news first thing after dinner.

Thanks for making it!!!

Edited now I can see that it's not working.
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
(2015-12-15, 18:11)CosyCat Wrote: Broken after svt updated site :-( hope its easy to fix
Yep, same here.

I like the way this addon lists "Latest Programs" in comparison to Retrospect.

Fixa, annars,,,,, LaughRoflBig Grin
Is this addon discontinued?
Is not updated since 2010 from what I can see.
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV)8