ASSrock P55 EXTREME
Has anyone seen this motherboard yet? Now I'm curious.Will this support "CUDA" excelaration. Can any "XBMC TEAM member recomend this motherboard for a homebased media center platform to run "XBMC" from?
I'm scared to death of Linux. I read so much crap how people have to program the hell out of it to get "XBMC" to run everthing you want on that OSX ?But im not a big fan "Microsoft". If it is possible, and give me a leg up to use such a motherboard;to run "XBMC". I would also want to know what all OSX's could i use on this board if it is indead better than the 'ASRock 330"?
newbie 1 Wrote:Has anyone seen this motherboard yet? Now I'm curious.Will this support "CUDA" excelaration. Can any "XBMC TEAM member recomend this motherboard for a homebased media center platform to run "XBMC" from?
I'm scared to death of Linux. I read so much crap how people have to program the hell out of it to get "XBMC" to run everthing you want on that OSX ?But im not a big fan "Microsoft". If it is possible, and give me a leg up to use such a motherboard;to run "XBMC". I would also want to know what all OSX's could i use on this board if it is indead better than the 'ASRock 330"?

It looks like a pretty standard motherboard. The acceleration will depend on what video card you fit. Recent nVidia cards will support acceleration with XBMCLive but not with Windows. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=1080p_playba...ses_frames for more info on acceleration options.

Given the mobo supports Core i7 processors you should find that 1080p videos will play without needing hardware asistance.

JR
Now I'm kinda Diggen the "ASRock P55 Extreme" motherboard. Now as for a video card i was thinking a "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295". Now at this piont i guess the last componets for this biuld would be a - power supply ,DDR3 RAM, a HDDD, and a enclosure. Now as for an enclosure all i want is black small and invisable and small as can be.I would like room for 2 disk drives 3 if possible.Any suggestions? Now with the pieces i chose already. As well,if they work togeather and suffice to run "xbmc". What i want to know is what ram do i need to look at,what hard drive,what case, and what power supply?
Now i'm trying to map this out and i realy could use some help.So when the time comes to order there is no confusion. Plus i get a real good idea what price i;m lookin at.

Project mission statement- Run XBMC,now, and in the future. (By haveing the right hardware to meet the demands of the evergrowing "xbmc" program)
As well as handle the most demanding pc gameing aplications today.:confused2:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASSrock P55 EXTREME0