[LINUX?] 'Remote Events' tab is missing
I'm planning to build an HTPC around my old Debian AMD64 box, now running Squeeze + Debian Multimedia, so I'm playing a bit with XBMC. Before I go out and buy the missing bits (HTPC case, remote, VFD and video card), I want to make sure this is the thing for me.

I'm currently try to set up a temporary solution using a bluetooth cell phone as a remote. Problem is after the nice start I've been struggling with some configuration issues.

For one, my Network page is totally missing the Remote Events tab, and others as well, as the pic in the wiki would suggest.

The tab is nowhere to be found, I've checked all of the settings pages.

XBMC's debug log shows the Event Server is running on the default port but then I'm unable to connect my BT phone despite bluetooth is working fine, j2me_remote is listening (I had to build myself the J2ME app)

Any idea?
That setup should be fine, assuming you actually set a password for http access (which _may_ be needed, depending on what the remote is doing)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Could you pastebin the xbmc.log and the j2me_remote.py stdout?

(@jmarshall, j2me uses eventserver)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
That tab was moved to settings > system. Wiki is outdated (this is why screenshots are useless for these things).
Thanks all for the prompt replies!

topfs2 Wrote:Could you pastebin the xbmc.log and the j2me_remote.py stdout?

Here it is: http://pastebin.com/m385a5415. As for the python script there's very little, it just says:

Code:
Waiting for connection on RFCOMM channel 1

If I kill it while xbmc is open, a line is added to the debug.log, warning that it has been terminated.

althekiller Wrote:That tab was moved to settings > system. Wiki is outdated (this is why screenshots are useless for these things).

Fair enough, but there still is no trace of a "Remote Events" tab, or anything that looks like it.

Under Input Devices I only have two options: Remote control sends keyboard presses (on or off makes no difference) and Use Mouse.

I've even recompiled the whole xbmc from scratch and tried replacing xbmc.bin with mine but it makes no difference Huh
If its waiting on RFCOMM 1 then it hasn't gotten a connection from the phone yet for one reason or another
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
On the phone (I'm using a SE W810i BTW), as soon as I press Connect, the status icon shows there is a connection with the PC, but eventually says:

Code:
Device Inquiry Completed.

No Devices Found .
Not connected to a server.

BT is working correctly: file transfer, serial ports and HID/remote control all seem OK. I also tested the applet with another phone, a Samsung, but I can't get XBMCRemote to work there.

I built it on this machine using netbeans 6.0 and the SWT 2.5.2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX?] 'Remote Events' tab is missing0