Music Genre Art Images
JDizzy Wrote:These look very nice.

Where would one put these to have them show up in Alaska like the movie genres do? Huh

I should have the initial set done for this weekend which will be posted in the fanart forums section.

I dont think Hitch has enabled music fanart in the theme yet but hopefully it might appear in a future release.
I haven't actually added support in the skin yet and now that I think about it (and MrTourettes is going to hate me for this) they might be better for Music if they were square, seeing as CD Covers are square and the Music part of most skins are coded for squares.

Thoughts?
Hitcher Wrote:I haven't actually added support in the skin yet and now that I think about it (and MrTourettes is going to hate me for this) they might be better for Music if they were square, seeing as CD Covers are square and the Music part of most skins are coded for squares.

Thoughts?

I agree.
Great minds think alike.. Smile I started thinking about that earlier today, so I actually made a square template.. again with guides for easy using.

Despite the fact that I'm a big fan of visual consistency... "jumping" from poster-view to square when browsing music is not something that would look/feel nice.. Also, having squares in Music would actually give the user the benefit of quickly knowing what type of media they're looking at (Movies=Posters, Squares=Music).

I'll gladly share the template if MrTourettes still feel up to the task of making musig genres.. Smile
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
asphinx Wrote:Great minds think alike.. Smile I started thinking about that earlier today, so I actually made a square template.. again with guides for easy using.

Despite the fact that I'm a big fan of visual consistency... "jumping" from poster-view to square when browsing music is not something that would look/feel nice.. Also, having squares in Music would actually give the user the benefit of quickly knowing what type of media they're looking at (Movies=Posters, Squares=Music).

I'll gladly share the template if MrTourettes still feel up to the task of making musig genres.. Smile

Yes if you can pass me a download link I will make them squares Smile
Plus it also means they can be used in more music views types.
Hitcher Wrote:Plus it also means they can be used in more music views types.

And it gives me more space to play with Smile
Here's the link

I upped it to 1000x1000 px, the texture is redone from the original texture to maintain quality. I left the original guidelines as a sort of reference, but also added new outer guides that follow the same "rules" as for the Posters. Enjoy and good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Smile

asphinx Wrote:Here's the link

I upped it to 1000x1000 px, the texture is redone from the original texture to maintain quality. I left the original guidelines as a sort of reference, but also added new outer guides that follow the same "rules" as for the Posters. Enjoy and good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Smile

Cool thanks for that. I am aiming to get a set uploaded some time this weekend. Just trying to get used to using a new 32 inch monitor and it feels strange Smile ( Still bloody good for modern warfare 2 )
Just thought I would share one of the new square icons Smile

Umm.. I might think about altering that silhouette if I were you.. Wink or maybe I'm the only who thinks that this looks more like a specific sub-genre of pr0n.. Other than that I do believe these Squares are going to be good..

asphinx Wrote:Umm.. I might think about altering that silhouette if I were you.. Wink or maybe I'm the only who thinks that this looks more like a specific sub-genre of pr0n.. Other than that I do believe these Squares are going to be good..
lol.

The Quo are Hardcore.
asphinx Wrote:Umm.. I might think about altering that silhouette if I were you.. Wink or maybe I'm the only who thinks that this looks more like a specific sub-genre of pr0n.. Other than that I do believe these Squares are going to be good..

Ahaha, I didn't notice what this looks like until you said it. Now its all I can see.
Now we've settled on squares I'll get the code in ready for the next release.

LMAO think ill rename status quo to status handjob from now on Wink

I honestly never noticed it either until you mentioned it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Genre Art Images0