Acer Revo at 100% CPU with XBMC Live 9.11
Question 
Hey all, scoured the forums for a few days and can't find anything on this. I'm trying to run XBMC Live 9.11 from a 4GB usb stick in my Acer Aspire Revo 1600. 9.04 runs like a champ: hardware acceleration for HD, audio out over hdmi, remote works, no issues. But when I try 9.11 the CPU runs at 100%, I get 4 resolutions to pick from (none of which are correct), and no audio. Also, 9.04 booted right into XBMC, but 9.11 gives me a command prompt at boot and I have to enter runXBMC to get it to do anything. I tried downloading a NVIDIA optimized version of 9.11, but I get the same problems.

I haven't a clue what I'm doing wrong. Like I said, 9.04 works, but I'd really like to be running the newest version, if for no other reason than to have support for all the beautiful new skins! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

XBMC Live Camelot is running perfect on my Revo, better than 9.04 in fact. But I have it installed to my hard drive.

Just to clarify have you installed it to your usb stick or are you just 'running' it from your usb stick each time?
I installed it to the usb stick and I'm attempting to run it from there for the time being. I wanted to save the windows installation if I could help it, but it isn't an imperative thing I guess.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo at 100% CPU with XBMC Live 9.110