Acer Revo CPU at 100% with XBMC Live 9.11 from usb
Question 
Hey all, scoured the forums for a few days and can't find anything on this. I'm trying to run XBMC Live 9.11 from a 4GB usb stick in my Acer Aspire Revo 1600. 9.04 runs like a champ: hardware acceleration for HD, audio out over hdmi, remote works, no issues. But when I try 9.11 the CPU runs at 100%, I get 4 resolutions to pick from (none of which are correct), and no audio. Also, 9.04 booted right into XBMC, but 9.11 gives me a command prompt at boot and I have to enter runXBMC to get it to do anything. I tried downloading a NVIDIA optimized version of 9.11, but I get the same problems.

I haven't a clue what I'm doing wrong. Like I said, 9.04 works, but I'd really like to be running the newest version, if for no other reason than to have support for all the beautiful new skins! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Works fine for me, on the same configuration as you - acer aspire revo 1600, XBMC live 9.11, booting from a 8Gb usb stick (ok, that's different). The boot provides me with 4 video options (plus 4 in safe mode), and the first one is correct - NVIDIA. I edited syslinux.cfg file using Wordpad in the usb stick root directory, copied the NVIDIA configuration to the DEFAULT configuration, changed the wait time to 20 and it's done.
don't try the official 9.11 live image, try the one from XBMCfreak
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
cschug Wrote:Hey all, scoured the forums for a few days and can't find anything on this. I'm trying to run XBMC Live 9.11 from a 4GB usb stick in my Acer Aspire Revo 1600. 9.04 runs like a champ: hardware acceleration for HD, audio out over hdmi, remote works, no issues. But when I try 9.11 the CPU runs at 100%, I get 4 resolutions to pick from (none of which are correct), and no audio. Also, 9.04 booted right into XBMC, but 9.11 gives me a command prompt at boot and I have to enter runXBMC to get it to do anything. I tried downloading a NVIDIA optimized version of 9.11, but I get the same problems.

I haven't a clue what I'm doing wrong. Like I said, 9.04 works, but I'd really like to be running the newest version, if for no other reason than to have support for all the beautiful new skins! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure you set it to VDPAU in your video settings in XBMC?

It sounds like its trying to use the CPU for video processing instead of your GPU?

HTH
ASRock ION 330 • XBMC Live 10 • Harmony One Remote • MCE IR Sensor • 6TB NAS
Hannes The Hun Wrote:don't try the official 9.11 live image, try the one from XBMCfreak

Worked fine for me with the official version. Any reason why we should use XBMCfreak? I never tried it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo CPU at 100% with XBMC Live 9.11 from usb0