Questions for the ASrock ION 330 HTPC
I had this problem too mate, there should be an option on your tv, maybe where you change the aspect ratio, you should be able to change it to "Just Scan" (or your equivalent, thats what its called on my 32" Samsung).

This sorted my problem.
Does the 802.11n wireless on this support the 5Ghz band? I tried the website but the specs don't mention it.
hasselhof Wrote:Hi,
I have set my ASrock ion 330 ht bd up to boot into ubuntu 9.1 from the hdd then I select XBMC from the desktop. I'm using the nvidia 185 drivers. My problem is that every screen I access is way to big for my tv screen, I am using the HDMI connection. Is this called HDMI overscan?.
What I can see is very clear and nice quality but just to big for the 32" lcd JVC tv .I am very new to Linux and have followed a guide to get me this far, but am struggling to solve this problem. I have tried every setting on my tv to no avail, and from the nvidia x server gui I have, I think tried every setting to make the screen fit.

If I connect my ASrock to the tv with vga the screen fits perfectly.But the image quality is far inferior to the HDMI connection.

The adaptor that comes with the ASrock is a HDMI to DVI not sure if they expect you to use this instead of the direct HDMI, anyway my lcd tv doesn't have a DVI connector.

I have tried to load on the nvidia 190 drivers as I read some where that there is a slider that you can offset the screen to fit but couldn't get the cmd line stuff to work, my screen just went blank.

Any help would cheer me upBig Grin

Thanks

John.

I have got the overscan issues sorted when I installed the 190 nvidia drivers there was a slider in the nivida settings works a treat.Tried all my settings on my tv with no luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions for the ASrock ION 330 HTPC0