movies and CD cover floaters
First post - so EXCITED about using this software. Just downloaded and installed it on Win7 - x64 platform.

Goals: To play movie files and use it as my music jukebox

Initial testing: After installation, as random testing, I was successfully able to play .mkv and .flac files - no problems

Question(s)

I have a large collection of .mkv movies files and FLAC based music library.

When going to either audio or video section, I'd like to be able to see the movie titles as a cover floater, along with a brief description of the movie. Same with my audio FLAC files. If I have...say, 50 CDs, I should be able to see the cover floater for all those titles, and click on one to select and play. Same with the movies.

I saw a screenshot of XBMC doing that - how can I do the same ?

Apologies, if this has been asked already - just couldn't contain my excitement from the initial playing with xbmc Laugh

From what I can tell so far, XBMC is the ultimate 'eye candy' app that, in my opinion beats Windows media center.
RTFM?
Main Manual Page
Music Library Guide
Video Library Guide

And also, the search function of this forum is your friend:
The Artwork-Related Forum here on XBMC.org
My all-encompassing Music Cover Art thread
You're welcome...
Catchy Signature Here
LOL - yep, I'll just have to breakdown and RTFM - Thanks mate for pointing that out. I installed xmbc pretty late, was falling asleep at the keyboard and just wanted to get a quick 'hello' post and ask a quick Q.

I'm wide awake now - and plan go to through the links.

Cheers, and thanks again
if you're a Windows guy, I highly recommend Ember Media Manager to "artify" your video library. I use it on all my movies before they go into my library Smile
http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanager/
Catchy Signature Here
Yes, I'm running XBMC on Win7 ultimate x64. I briefly looked at the link you provided - that is very cool, I will download and play with it as well.

I was searching the web to have the 'eye candy' look and feel for my FLAC music library. I have 1200 CDs that I'm just starting to rip. I've done about 20 so far. I've not had any luck in finding a good (freeware) program that will rip the disk to FLAC and get the cover art. I'm having to look for the cover art myself through google images then manually attaching to the ripped FLAC files.

When all is said and done, my goal is/was to find a good player that not only play the FLAC files but to show it off. Someone had replied to my post with a link to this website.

In brief experimenting with this XBMC last night and this AM, I can honestly say that THIS is what I had been searching for - XBMC has the best eye candy wow factor - in comparing to everything else I've come across so far.

If there are any other recommendations you can share - I'm all ears :-D
I have been collecting and tagging music files for many,many years
and the one and only program i always use is Tag&Rename. It's a little strange
to use at start but once you get used to it you love it.
IT's not free but it's not expensive either !

I tag all my materieal with this first, then i copy it over to my main collection. I also embedd the cover-art into the mp3 tag, thats very smart.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give Tag&Rename a look into.

Currently, I'm using an older version of dbpoweramp, my subscription to the built in metasearch has expired. So, as a workaround, before I rip the CD to FLAC, I download the cover art from google images then prior to ripping the CD, I point the rip process to find the image at a designated location. That is how I'm embedding the album art.

That being said, using XBMC, I can't seem to get the album floaters working - well sort of - I can get the album floater to work for each song of the CD but I don't see the album floater for all the CD in my collection (currently there are only 5, as a test)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movies and CD cover floaters0