Huge noob question - How do I see the studio flags?
Hello,

Simple question (I think?)

I've done lots of searching on this and cant quite figure out exactly how to get my studio flag icons working correctly. (or showing up at all)

I've downloaded the large folder of 1600 studio icons. Maybe I just don't know where exactly to put them? Maybe my movie files are not named properly?

I set my preferences to show everything, but right now all I can see is an imdb rating and the year.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
It looks like you have to enable the "Extract Thumbnails and Video Information" option in the XBMC Video Settings under "File Lists." After that you will start seeing flags.
I love my Mac Mini :;):
Thanks for the reply.

Sadly, I don't see any way enable that option..
I went into the video settings but saw nothing titled 'file lists' or any option to 'enable thumbnails and video information.' I feel like I've looked through every menu a thousand times now, but I still feel like I'm missing something obvious..

If it matters - I am using an up to date version of Alaska, and XBMC (mac) v 9.04.1
Well, there's your problem - XBMC is at 9.11 already! Try downloading that from here.
Ooooohhh.. Ok, so, I just upgraded to 9.11, starting to make sense.. flags are showing up now.

However... I'm getting some additional info flags, but not the actual 'studio' flags. (see pic)

As I said, I downloaded that huge studio icon pack. Maybe I put it in the wrong folder? Or, I'm still missing something obvious..

Again - sorry for these noob questions, but thanks so much to everyone for helping.

It could be that XBMC's default scraper doesn't search for studio information.

You should try organising your movie collection with Ember Media Manager:
http://embermm.com
Ember Media Manager is the ticket - the IMDB scraper in XBMC often does not scrape the movie studio or trailer, but EMM will.
Where did you wind up saving the Studio icons, and how were you able to get XBMC to point to that path? Or is this a special SKIN-SPECIFIC setting in the Alaska skin?

Also, do you have a link to the 1,600 studio icons for download?

Thank you in advance!
Re: Studio Flags

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=445969&postcount=1
That's the link to the Alaska Skin downloads.

There is the MediaFire link to a number of extras:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e0ae3...2bd5edc68e

However, I'm not sure which has the studio logos. I downloaded the Videos RAR and that was primarily fanart/thumbnail-looking images. I'm not sure how they're used if we're using scrapers to get this data?
studio flags should be in the Alaska/extras/studios/ folder.

Those other fanart/thumbnail images you are referring to must be the home-screen custom images, witch is managed in alaska settings under Artwork.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Huge noob question - How do I see the studio flags?0