• 2(current)
[AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD stuttering playback on Apple TV?
That's correct, but I cannot see any differences in video quality between the aTV and the WD TV live. Even 720p content looks brilliant with aTV (watching on a Philips 42" LCD display)
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Bobby Blixberg, are you on XBMC svn r27143 ?
Yes (please see my signature) Wink

EDIT: Well, I'm on r27156 now...
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
davilla Wrote:some crystalhd love in r27150 and r27152 Smile The a/v glitch when playing for a while (a/v jumps to a big positive number) is still there, a quick ff will fix it. Still tracking that one down.

This is an awesome release! Top marks... it really is light years ahead in terms of performance. Have tested a grab-bag of mkv's: 24, Fringe, etc. Also tested my only 1080p rip (I know, not scientific...): Star Trek. My God! That's all I can say, it's eye-wateringly good. Donation on the way sir. Keep up the good work...

Jimmer

[edit] Lol! I just realised I don't know how to make a donation... how lame am I? Any kindly souls point the way?
http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/

Smile
grey Wrote:http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/

Smile

Thanks! Donation sent...

Jimmer
davilla Wrote:some crystalhd love in r27150 and r27152 Smile The a/v glitch when playing for a while (a/v jumps to a big positive number) is still there, a quick ff will fix it. Still tracking that one down.

Playback is certainly better. Still getting sections of crazy set dropstate scrolling in the logs every once in a while along with the slow-mo video, but for a while there I had forgotten I was watching my AppleTV instead of my VDPAU box Smile
agreed, playback is much much better now. still not perfect, but 1000 times better than a couple of weeks ago.
great work davilla
reven Wrote:agreed, playback is much much better now. still not perfect, but 1000 times better than a couple of weeks ago.
great work davilla

I agree. Not much stuttering, however, as with before, about an hour in on a 720p movie, xbmc crashed back to the video menu
acemt Wrote:I agree. Not much stuttering, however, as with before, about an hour in on a 720p movie, xbmc crashed back to the video menu

"xbmc crashed back to the video menu" is not a very good description. crashes are typically death and app dies. Perhaps, "xbmc stops playing and goes back to the video menu" would be a better description. The xbmc.log file should contain information as to why xbmc aborted the video playback.
davilla Wrote:"xbmc crashed back to the video menu" is not a very good description. crashes are typically death and app dies. Perhaps, "xbmc stops playing and goes back to the video menu" would be a better description. The xbmc.log file should contain information as to why xbmc aborted the video playback.

sorry, you are correct. Here is the pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/m4279b0e8

Also, after it stopped playing, XBMC locked up. It would not shutdown or take any commands. I had to power cycle to ATV to get anything to work.
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I have recently obtained an Apple TV + a Crystal HD card.
As many others have indicated there are still some issues, but it is looking good for the future. So thanks everyone who has spent time and effort with this so far!

I have since a couple of days been trying to set up a compile environment to try and lend a hand, but so far I have failed miserably to compile XBMC, but that is another story and I have not given up yet! Smile

Anyway, I did have a look at the code for crystal HD and I have a couple of theories on why interlace does not work as it should, so I thought I would at least share these theories for what it is worth:

1. When interlace mode is detected, a variable called m_framerate is set to half its original value. Which would make sense if the video decoder would output de-interlaced frames. The Crystal HD does not seem to do that, but rather outputs 2 interlace halves as 2 separate frames. I think this might be the cause of the stuttering picture when interlace video is played back.

2. In the function GetDecoderOutput there is some code that is supposed to handle interlace video by copying the frame halves to different locations in the frame buffer, to make a complete video frame. I see no reason why this would not work, but it is only implemented for the specific x resolutions of 720, 1280 and 1920 (i.e 576i, 720i and 1080i). I have some videos that are encoded in 1440x1080, and when I play these I only get half a screen of video and green color below. And since green color normally means a color value of 0 in YUV color space it means that nothing is copied there.

/Ola
Davilla,

any idea as to why my movies are stopping after about 20 mins from my pastebin? Thanks
acemt Wrote:Davilla,

any idea as to why my movies are stopping after about 20 mins from my pastebin? Thanks

I see lots of read errors when trying to extract thumbs, your video playback fails with a read error.

Quote:09:54:44 T:51691008 M: 13103104 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument ) - Retrying
09:54:44 T:51691008 M: 13144064 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument )
09:54:44 T:51691008 M: 13144064 ERROR: ffmpeg[314BE00]: [matroska] Read error
09:54:50 T:51691008 M: 17203200 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument ) - Retrying
09:54:50 T:51691008 M: 17203200 ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument )

Does not look like a XBMC problem but rather some network or server problem. If you copy one of these file to the local disk, does it play ?
davilla Wrote:I see lots of read errors when trying to extract thumbs, your video playback fails with a read error.

Does not look like a XBMC problem but rather some network or server problem. If you copy one of these file to the local disk, does it play ?

Well, I will give it a shot later. I highly doubt it is a network problem because if I switch back to WD Live tv, everything goes ok with the same setup.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Broadcom Crystal HD stuttering playback on Apple TV?0